FWIW, my CD/DVD drive started to take a lot more time ripping with dBpoweramp and it was producing errors. I replaced it with a new Samsung SH-224DB drive and now my rips are much faster (sometimes 4x faster or more) and, to date, I have experienced no errors. My previous drive was presumably approaching the end of its life after several years of use.

I use a Samsung, as well an older SE-506 portable BD 2014 build, with just the one short USB cable, so the power is derived from the computer. This drive is used when CDs are bought ad-hoc only. It works; some second hand CDs are iffy at times to read, the only problem come across. dbpoweramp reports the ripping speed as ~ 3x with secure mode.

On a HP Z800 Workstation type PC, with Pioneer BD drives BDR-208D , no secure mode is 30x for those larger jobs and 3 x for secure mode.

With CD ripping, the location of the saved files is difficult to master for classical recordings, easier for pop/rock and just about any other genre. I tend to rip classical under the standard pop/rock title ARTIST\YEAR-ALBUM\DISC-TRACK ARTIST TITLE, then move the album to the composer folder. dbpoweramp has a profile where you can save preferences like the location and type of rip, you could have a saved location such as COMPOSER\ARTIST\YEAR-ALBUM\DISC-TRACK TITLE. Classical tends to have a cast of thousands in the artist field, and when the path length approaches the 127 character limit for Windows, it creates more problems.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA