IGNORED

Schiit Yggdrasil: Black Finish?

Hello,

This is my first post on CA.

Looking to upgrade the DAC in my system from my trusty Oppo 105D.

I have shortlisted the Yggd but would like one in the black finish. Having emailed Schiit about their reply was rather vague; yes black finish is available but you have to check the website to find out when available, and there is no waiting list. Hmmm.

Does anyone know what that the story is here please? I would have thought that these days black and silver options are the norm.

Has anyone managed to order one please?

Thanks!

Apparently they don't offer black as a regular option. They sometimes make a run of black and put it on the website. You have to order it when it's there. Too bad they don't make some kind of waiting list.

Sounds odd, but you can probably buy a silver one and find a local workshop that will turn it into a black one. You can get coatings like that done for a very reasonable price.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

who really gives a schiit what color it is it is what is INSIDE that matters-the original writer must be a millennial

Why so nasty? Im a boomer, not a millennial and I like my equipment to match. People have different tastes. Why is it necessary to make that negative comment?

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

my apologies i wasn't trying to be nasty actually looks pretty nice i guess my wry/sarcastic sense of humor isn't always appropriate again i am sorry

Use a smiley, then your response is read differently