IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

I have been powering my mR with an UptoneAudio LPS-1 for the last couple of weeks. I have posted some observations of this comparison over on the LPS-1 listening impressions thread. I have posted a link below, because clearly this is 'on topic' for this thread also. As a summary, the LPS-1 offers a surprising step up in performance. I have to say, for my ears, in my system, the microRendu + LPS-1 combination is superb!

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-listening-impressions-thread-30172/index12.html#post611450

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

I have been powering my mR with an UptoneAudio LPS-1 for the last couple of weeks. I have posted some observations of this comparison over on the LPS-1 listening impressions thread. I have posted a link below, because clearly this is 'on topic' for this thread also. As a summary, the LPS-1 offers a surprising step up in performance. I have to say, for my ears, in my system, the microRendu + LPS-1 combination is superb!

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-listening-impressions-thread-30172/index12.html#post611450

Thanks for linking it here. Ever since the LPS-1 came out most people are posting on that thread:(

+1 :)

• 7 months later...

Sonore/Jesus is out of the DC-4 cables that connect the LPS-1 power supply with the uRendu, and doesnt know when they will be back in stock. It said March (!!!) on the website. I will have both the uRendu and LPS-1 in my hands in the next week or so, but no way to use/enjoy them.  So I need an alternative to the DC-4 Cardas-made connecting power cable.  Have talked unsuccessfully to the guys at Audio Advisors who steered me to Blue Jean Cables where it seems I would have to have them custom-make something for me.  Gotta be a better way!?  All your help appreciated.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, Bruce Orr said:

Sonore/Jesus is out of the DC-4 cables that connect the LPS-1 power supply with the uRendu, and doesnt know when they will be back in stock. It said March (!!!) on the website. I will have both the uRendu and LPS-1 in my hands in the next week or so, but no way to use/enjoy them.  So I need an alternative to the DC-4 Cardas-made connecting power cable.  Have talked unsuccessfully to the guys at Audio Advisors who steered me to Blue Jean Cables where it seems I would have to have them custom-make something for me.  Gotta be a better way!?  All your help appreciated.

Thank you.

Ghent Audio is the guy to contact. Great cables. Great price. Great service. 

Uptone also can can help you at $75. Fixed length. Higher AWG. Alex explains also in the same thread mentioning below. 

As said in another post, try his USB cable made with John Swenson Shielding Guidelines. (JSSG) . You can read about this in DIY section/tread he started. 

Soon he will have a Vodka killer out. Based on JSSG. Belden 1303 and a plug similar to Telegärtner. 

7 hours ago, unbalanced output said:

Those look nice and affordable, especially the right angled options may be helpful in tidying up the cables mess. Any feedback on those?

I'll also need a cable for the Ultra and LPS.

I recently received from Ghent two cables with the right angle connector on one end.  They were very nicely done.  

I'd recommend the expedited shipping option. 

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Not sure why the post I got a notification for isn't displaying on the forum, but yes, the Schiit PYST USB cable is decent. It's only £20 or so, well made and durable. Worth a try. I use mine with an Aries Mini and LPSU feeding a Metrum Acoustic Musette (upgraded to DAC Two Transient modules) and a Metrum Acoustics Aurix. Very nice.

19 minutes ago, George Hincapie said:

Not sure why the post I got a notification for isn't displaying on the forum, but yes, the Schiit PYST USB cable is decent. It's only £20 or so, well made and durable. Worth a try. I use mine with an Aries Mini and LPSU feeding a Metrum Acoustic Musette (upgraded to DAC Two Transient modules) and a Metrum Acoustics Aurix. Very nice.

I think Jesus deleted it. But I guess you got the links and the message in your email, of a very good USB cable based on John Swenson way of doing shielding. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:38 AM, kennyb123 said:

I recently received from Ghent two cables with the right angle connector on one end.  They were very nicely done.  

I'd recommend the expedited shipping option. 

Curious what size connectors you went with for each side. I'm trying to figure out what size on the Ghent Audio site the 90 connector would be for connecting to the ultraRendu and what size would go to the LPS-1.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

6 hours ago, t_ram said:

Curious what size connectors you went with for each side. I'm trying to figure out what size on the Ghent Audio site the 90 connector would be for connecting to the ultraRendu and what size would go to the LPS-1.

The two cables I got:

JS-2 (2.5mm) to (2.1mm, 90 deg) microRendu

LPS-1 (2.1mm) to (2.1mm, 90 deg) ISO REGEN

You will need 2.1mm on both ends for LPS-1 to ultraRendu.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

8 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

The two cables I got:

JS-2 (2.5mm) to (2.1mm, 90 deg) microRendu

LPS-1 (2.1mm) to (2.1mm, 90 deg) ISO REGEN

You will need 2.1mm on both ends for LPS-1 to ultraRendu.

Thanks!

I got an ultraRendu coming Monday so I'll see how much room I get with the Sonore dc4. These cables from Ghent might be a nice option.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

On 21.7.2017 at 8:30 PM, Albrecht said:

THere isn't enough room for the DC4 cable and the Ethernet cable to fit nicely between F-1 DDC because of the short length of the USB plug.

There are very reasonable and high quality solutions available to help you with this ?

IMG_0622.PNG

IMG_0623.PNG

On 22.7.2017 at 4:45 AM, Kilauea50 said:

I have the LPS-1 connected to the IsoRegen and, right now, I am using the Mean Well with the uR.  Should I change this?  

No, as others has said, but you may order a decent Y-split and try.

I think this option has been discussed in one of Uptone threads, so you can look there and find out worth trying.