IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

I got microRendu last week and very impressed with the results using iFi 9V PSU. I compared with PS Audio LANRover and MicroRendu is comparable to LANRover. However LANRover edges out microRendu in some case but overall they are neck to neck in performance in my system.

I believe if i feed microRendu with good LPSU then it can beat PS Audio LANRover.

So I'm considering JS-2 or Sonore Signature LPSU or Uptone UltraCap LPS-1. I've HDPlex on the way to get a flavor of LPSU but I really want a better PSU.

I know its been asked several time before. Can anybody opine on how does JS-2 compare with Sonore Signature LPSU?

Here is my signal chain

Synolog DS-1813+ NAS

Roon Server on Win10 (6 core CPU i7-5860K)

Intel NUC i5 (optimized PC running Roon Endpoint + HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro on Purist mode.

microRendu(HQPlayer NAA)

Oppo HA-1 DAC

ATI 6007 amp (on dedicated 30amp circuit)

Salk Soundscape SS8

I use Furman reference IT-20i Power conditioner on dedicated 30amp circuit with Furutech outlet.

Hi all,

Can anyone share any experiences/recommendations for good performing PSU's for the microrendu, that are up to half the value of the microrendu itself - I'm on a tight budget at the moment. The Paul Hynes is attractive but shipped to Australia is more than the price of the microrendu itself and I can't go there for the near term.

So approximately up to USD300, AUD400, or 250GBP is my budget (roughly half the price of the mR itself)

Here in Australia I've been reading some great reviews on the Geisler Audio linear PSU and the price is comfortably under half the price of the microrendu

Appreciate any opinions / experiences

:-)

I recently added HDPlex 100W LPSU to my setup with mR. Its priced at $399 USD so not exactly half of mR but the performance is better than iFi in my setup using Roon+HQPlayer.

Not sure if you have it available in Australia.

I think mR performance keeps on getting better with a better LPSU.

Eventually I plan on upgrading it to a better PSU. Have not decided yet as I'm still waiting for Uptone Ultra Caps LPS-1.

I'm running mR with HDPlex set at 9VDC since last week.

I'm noticed the SQ improved especially in bass and midbass region but the highs seems rolled off (less air) compared to iFi. The bass seems to sound better (well defined) with HDPlex set to 9VDC.

To experiment I set HDPlex to 7VDC ( minimum required by mR) and suddenly the Highs are clear and transparent and better than iFi but the bass is not as well defined when set to 9VDC.

BTW mR get only luke warn with either 9V or 7V. So heat is not a concern at all.

Checking if anybody has experienced that and want to know what's the sweet spot Voltage settings on HDPlex that gives the best sound?