IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

Thanks Barrows, so a good LPS that minimizes the backwash into the AC side should do the trick? And the output of the LPS1 will be the same regardless?

Did I get it right?

While I want a nice LPS like everyone else, I'm wondering if plugging the iFi iPower into a filter like the AC-7A would eliminate/mitigate the kick-back-into-the-AC/system noise issue?

This filter was recommended by Jim Smith, author of Good Sound:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/ac-7a

So in theory to stop the contaminating "backwash" noise you'd plug the iPower into this and plug this into AC.

Is this conceptually accurate/effective? Would it in theory help sound quality?

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

In my particular system, powering the mRendu with an iFi iPower, the AC-7A made a very positive improvement to the sound when added to filter any SMPS backwash into the AC mains.

@MikeyFresh Thank you. (So great that everyone is so helpful here.) I'm trying to eek out some more high freq. transparency and attack from my system. I swapped an interconnect and wow got a ton of it plus prat, but the bass receded (not just balance tipping)...sigh. Y'all know the drill.

Anyway, between these filters and LPSes there is plenty to play with. Cheers!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.