IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

Hah! Well, great if you own or can readily afford the Sonore Sig. No suprise I guess, but personally, great would have been that the iFi PS was all I needed ;-) Now I'm going to start agonizing over buying a better PS. Hey, it's not easy being into audio...

I just bought an HD-plex LPS for $395 to replace the wall wart running my uR. The thing has four rails, is built like a tank, comes with a suite of nice cords and sounds wonderful. Larry had it to me in two days. I've eliminated all SMTS supplies from my outlet, and I don't have to wait for mysteries to be revealed.

I'm happy enough for a good while, thanks in large part to this website . . .

• 1 month later...
The issue is temperature. If the case gets too hot to hold a finger on it, it is TOO hot. If you can hold your finger on it, you are fine, leave it the way it is.

If it is too hot you have a couple options:

1) go with a lower voltage

2) get more air flow around it. The best passive air flow is to orient the microRendu vertically on its side, that way air flows up both sides, this helps a LOT in cooling it off.

John S.

Looks like a good market for audiophile hard adaptors with a 90 degree "twist" or "rotation." ;)

Anyone know if they exist? Mine is warm, not hot at 7v but I can see the advantage of turning it 90.

• 2 weeks later...