IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

i am using the microrendu and IFi power supply with a Schiit Yggy DAC. The output SQ is extremely nice. however, the unit gets very hot. too hot to touch for very long. I now keep it unplugged when not in use. Is this because of how the Schiit DAC handles it or something else? I am thinking about another power supply. Any thoughts? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
SonicTransporter/Synology 412+>microRendu>Yggy

Powering microRendu with P.I.Audio BatteryBUSS

Best SQ ever....

Hi, I have a similar set up, sonic transporter, Schiit Yggy DAC, Microrendu. I use the IfI power supply and the Microrendu gets too hot so I unplug it when not in use. I'm waiting for the Uptone LPS with lower voltage to see if that helps. Do you have this problem or do you use a different power supply. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm going for the paul hyne as well. The Uptone LPS is way overdue and obviously they are having problems with testing. May not be out for months if ever at this rate.

UOTE=hifi_swlon;583109]Having started feeling a bit 'experimental' and that there's still something lacking in my system, I ordered a Paul Hynes SR3 today.

I was going to wait for the LPS-1 but figure I can get the SR3 sooner, and Paul does offer a return if it's not doing what you expect of it.

Really not not sure I can convince myself it will be a significant improvement but this is one way to find out with my own ears.

I would never have heard of him other than forums (website a bit out of date) but after lengthy discussions with him over the past weeks I felt it was the way to go and despite not being cheap by any means (snip over £400 inc silver wiring and silver DC lead), it saves on customs etc from many other vendors. Paul is a hugely helpful guy too. It's going to be internally adjustable 5-10v so that makes it useful for possible repurposing later on.

The alternate plan was to try a Singxer SU-1 to avoid the Devialets USB input but that would be near impossible to return so figured this is the order to do it.

I'm generally happy to admit my mistakes and give honest feedback so will report back in a few weeks as there's a 15-20 day lead time sadly.

• 1 month later...

Uptone LPS-1 power for both Sonore Microrendu and TP Link FMC. I contacted Alex at Uptone and he recommended i try a Y-connector on the Uptone LPS-1 currently providing power to my Microrendu. Here is the link he shared with me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q8IKRE

This was a $5.00 cable and i received it yesterday. The LPS-1 was able to successfully power both the microrendu and FMC closest to microrendu easily and now have an amazing system that has dropped noise level as far as possible ( I guess i could add an LPS-1 to the second FMC but dont think that would add anything meaningful). I am using the Microrendu to stream directly into my Schiit Yggy DAC.