IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

In case anyone is thinking that they need to wait until they can afford an expensive PS before its worth investing in a microRendu, let me tell you that there is no need to wait. I am working on getting a nice custom LPS soon, but instead of waiting in silence have been listening with an $11 Hosa adjustable PS from Amazon (set at 7.5V) that I grabbed just to hold me over for a couple of weeks. The sound quality is excellent even with this inexpensive supply. It clearly crushes the stock 2009 MacMini/Audirvana+ setup that I had been using.

I'm using in DLNA mode with Lumin as primary control point and mimimserver running from my Synology NAS.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

• 2 weeks later...
Mind sharing some details :-)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/d-i-h-built-linear-power-supply-project-sonore-microrendu-28825/#post550377

Dev, Here is the story on my LPS. Put it on the other board to try not go to far off topic.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

• 2 months later...
Yes, you know everything obviously.

What I know is when I've tied to incorporate the tube pre from Quad,...

That is not much to condemn all tube preamps on. IMHE, having heard hundreds of tube components, most of them sound good or better when matched correctly. QA on current tubes is suspect, old tubes need clean pins. The devil is in the details, but often tube gear is worth the trouble. Start another thread if you really want to go into this topic.