IGNORED

Power supplies and cables - observations, considerations & commentary

Can someone recommend a good linear power supply for the micro? I know there are many options - which is why I'm asking. What's the best voltage to go with for performance (no cooling issues)?

I've been enjoying the heck out of the thing for a few weeks now with the stock switching supply - time to max it out.

Cost is not too much of an object.

I JUST found that product, actually, in the last few minutes.

While cost is not too much of an issue, I should have mentioned that SIZE is. 12" wide is hard for me to do as I have no rack shelves completely free! Then again, if it's the best, I should think a bit harder...

(Luckily the shelf spacing on my Mapleshade rack is adjustable.)

Here's what my old pal Lavorgna had to say, incidentally:

"Let's talk power. I have the iFi power supply and Sonore's own Signature Series Linear Power Supply. For a very good sounding budget setup, the iFi supply works wonders. If you want the microRendu to sound exceptionally good, get the Sonore supply. It's really that simple. All of the positive sonic traits the microRendu imparts on a system, and let's please keep in mind we're talking about a system, are ramped up and improved upon in a very obvious way with the more expensive Sonore power supply. I kinda wish it wasn't so, but it is."