IGNORED

CA Site Upgrades Coming Soon

May be too late for this but will share; the single biggest PITA I find with CA site programming is

a) search can't be restricted to a single thread ( find this word/phrase in this specific thread)

b) when you drill down to the desired thread among the universe of threads returned you have to manually scan/page through highlighted

find matches vs having an advance function that allows you to skip from match to match... pretty painful on long threads

I suspect having this capability would avoid many giving up and re-asking a question already answered deep inside a long thread.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

May be too late for this but will share; the single biggest PITA I find with CA site programming is

a) search can't be restricted to a single thread ( find this word/phrase in this specific thread)

b) when you drill down to the desired thread among the universe of threads returned you have to manually scan/page through highlighted

find matches vs having an advance function that allows you to skip from match to match... pretty painful on long threads

I suspect having this capability would avoid many giving up and re-asking a question already answered deep inside a long thread.

Hi Dave - I believe I have a better search capability in the works, but until I have it implemented, have you tried the Search Thread feature at the top of all threads?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I'd most like something else:

A better search feature. The present one is very weak, especially when trying searches of two or more words. If you know there are post(s) on a particular topic, it's very hard to find them - even with the advanced search feature. It's usually easier to find them doing a Google search limited to the site domain. I think the internal search should be at least close to the effectiveness of Google for internal searches.

• 2 weeks later...

On the rare occasions that require me to login, I now get an "Invalid Redirect" error message after logging in instead of the usual forum view. You get logged in but the redirect after login is messed up.

It's no biggie but might be worth fixing for aesthetic reasons.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 3 weeks later...
On the rare occasions that require me to login, I now get an "Invalid Redirect" error message after logging in instead of the usual forum view. You get logged in but the redirect after login is messed up.

It's no biggie but might be worth fixing for aesthetic reasons.

Hi @Nikhil - Thanks for the report.

P.S. Also testing the newly enabled user mention feature using the @ symbol.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Since this thread is still live:

- Recognised acronyms in thread titles are expanded in the URL, often to ridiculous effect.

- Replying to threads with emoji in the title from the mobile app doesn't work.

1. I agree. Will look at removing this.

2. Thanks. I updated the app a few days ago. Not sure if it fixed this issue.

Hi @Nikhil - Thanks for the report.

P.S. Also testing the newly enabled user mention feature using the @ symbol.

@The Computer Audiophile that is neat!

The only issue might be that we get three notifications when this happens (one for the user mention, one for being quoted and one for thread subscription) . May end up with folks turning off subscriptions altogether.

Edit: User mention is really really cool btw

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I just implemented the feature to Like / Dislike a comment and to Thank the person for the post.

Just did my first" Like";good feature.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Am now getting emails if a post of mine is liked. Looked in the "options" section and don't see a way to turn this one off. We need an option not to be notified by email.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Okay, just found this:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/thanks.php?do=profile&action=options

Not the same as the previously published options page.

The main reason I appreciate these features is that they allow easy member participation, whether a quick affirmation or the contrary.

It's just good (and helpful) being able to know the visible/vocal CA community

I've also made it so comments that are liked a certain number of times have the header turn green. I like this feature but we'll see how it plays out.

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »