IGNORED

Intona Industrial not handshaking with W4S Recovey?

After finally arriving at audio nirvana my Intona Industrial will no longer handshake with the W4S Recovey.

It always was a bit hit and miss but once it 'locked' it stayed that way.

Both units work fine between server and DAC and the W4S works when feeding the Intona, but not the much preferred Intona feeding the W4S.

I'm guessing I might need the Intona firmware upgrade to up the output voltage, but it does puzzle me that it did work at least 5 times before?

I've tried everything I can think of, different cables, PSUs, etc.

I love I.T. when it works.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Anyone who is thinking of getting an Intona and wondering about the integrity of the business should read this:

"Hello xxx,

We will send you today a new unit with a newer firmware. This could solve your issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best

regards,

xxx"

Quite simply this is outstanding customer service!

Brilliant product, brilliant people... you can't ask for more than that.

:-)

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

(I just thought I'd add that since my previous post I offered to return the original unit and I now have an RMA number. I don't want to sell the notion that they're giving these things away)

;-)

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc: