IGNORED

Windows 2012R/HQPlayer and Audiophile Optimizer

I am at the final stages of a new computer build. I have got all my ducks in a row with the exception of the OS. Like most here I am using HQPlayer which relies on the Nvidia to provide CUDA offload. Currently I have Kubuntu installed, but my plan is to switch over to 2012. In the past I have optimized my OS and have in a lot of circumstances was unable to get certain applications or functions to work that were critical to my requirements. For example, with Fidelizer used in it's maximum capacity, I was unable to convert my PCM to DSD on HQP. Whereas in the lightest setting, there was no issue. Now while considering AO as an alternative, I am wondering if I will be able to do my conversions, etc/ without having to spend the rest of my life trying. There was a thread started in this context but questions were never addressed to my satisfaction. SO...if anyone (Phil) can help I am sure we all would benefit.

Asus Z170-A

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2133

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB

Nice, the sound of the Lampi GG is pretty addictive !

With the Amanero USB receiver in the GG, I would recommend going down the optimized Win 10 road for better USB driver support now, and in the foreseeable future

Which DSD sample rate does your GG support ?

We had the chance to spend some time with the Giya G2 speakers last Friday, what a lovely speaker. From top to bottom of the frequency spectrum, what balance and sonic beauty

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

With the Amanero USB receiver in the GG, I would recommend going down the optimized Win 10 road for better USB driver support now, and in the foreseeable future

We had the chance to spend some time with the Giya G2 speakers last Friday, what a lovely speaker. From top to bottom of the frequency spectrum, what balance and sonic beauty

Weren't we impressed with that speaker last year in Warsaw?

Thanks for responding. My GG is spec'd to do 512, but I have only been able to do 256. I am not certain where the bottleneck is. I have the W4S and Intone between my computer and DAC and I am not sure if they are the root cause? Based on what I have been reading here, my computer seems to have enough HP. All that I get with 512 is an ear shattering speaker blowing mess.

Back OT, do you think the the benefits of win 10 would apply if I am using the Jcat USB card with external PSU? I much prefer the Jcat driver software with the Jcat over the Windows 10 provided driver.

The question still remains though, what will AO do to my ability to use CUDA with HQPlayer? No one seems to have an answer, not even the people at AO. I am not techie enough to do the experiment.