IGNORED

Maybe spending stupid amounts of money on power cords isn't entirely harmless

Whether Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare I neither know nor care

'cause, source be damned, there's greatness there.

• "Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit."
  • "it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass."
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
  • "Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall."
  • "God has given you one face, and you make yourself another."
  • "And nothing is, but what is not." (Could this have been the inspiration for What is Hip?)

Whoever wrote these was a cool dude! And it's eerie how well these works anticipated the discussions on our little forum over 400 years ago......

shocked-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif

It just keeps getting better!

Bluesman, whatever you're running for...you've got my vote!

Some companies shouldn't exist. Nordost may be one of them. That the owners and employees have families to feed doesn't justify immoral actions.

Please get of you high horse and stop with the holier then thou attitude. Nordost is not hurting anyone, that cannot be said for many companies. Companies that use slave labour (most electronic companies) companies that want to kill humans (every weapons company.

And you get your panties in a knot about some cables. Please grow up and grow a pair.

[br]

• "And nothing is, but what is not." (Could this have been the inspiration for What is Hip?)

Whoever wrote these was a cool dude! And it's eerie how well these works anticipated the discussions on our little forum over 400 years ago......

I like old Will enough to plan to use him for my epitaph. https://web.cs.dal.ca/~johnston/poetry/revelsended.html What gripes me about the Oxfordian theory is the reasoning that only a member of the upper/wealthy classes would have been smart and talented enough to have written that absolutely extraordinary stuff.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

These are great pull-quotes! But if I might, I'd like to add one more - and my personal favorite:

Hamlet to Ophilia - "...If thou needst marry, marry a fool, for wise men know well enough what monsters you make of them!"

George

A couple of my favourites are from Julius Caesar:

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,

But in ourselves, that we are underlings.

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life

Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Waldrep's response: Unsubstantiated Claims and Criticisms | Real HD-Audio

Upcoming Nordost Demo at T.H.E. Show Newport: Nordost is attending the T.H.E. Show Newport | Nordost Blog

Anyone want to attend a demo at T.H.E. Show ?

It would be fun... not to mention take our own CDs, USB drives, etc. and ask for them to be played.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

From a comment:

A classic example of related obtuse human behaviour is that of the guy I read about whom recently replaced $30,000+ worth of critically lauded cables, with generic although largely now unobtanium Western Electric telephony wiring of some 60 + years vintage… and his formerly deleted expletives have been succeeded with new found verbs & nouns of intangible aural ecstasy.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? NOS cabling is a thing now? Good grief. I can understand NOS tubes because there are few competent modern makers of tubes, but... cables?

To lighten things up a bit:

(Click to enlarge)

Scan.jpg

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Please get of you high horse and stop with the holier then thou attitude. Nordost is not hurting anyone, that cannot be said for many companies. Companies that use slave labour (most electronic companies) companies that want to kill humans (every weapons company.

And you get your panties in a knot about some cables. Please grow up and grow a pair.

Chris i ask that you shut this thread down NOW please sir before i have to respond specifically to this person who believes that "companies want to kill humans" ....Trust me sir when i say none of the lying delusional sanctimonious (i know what is best for you) leftist EVER want to deal with me (or "my kind")...Our views versus theirs are diametrically opposite and mutually exclusive. And Fk no we can't just "get along" or "coexist" (i cannot coexist with someone who wants to KILL me btw) The political paradigm has shifted so far to the left the past 50 years i no longer recognize the country i served. (As did 6 generations of my family) i have had enough of their lies their carefully edified distortions (championed by their talking head mouth pieces/actors/protagonists/writers in all of media), their wealth re-distribution, their theft of my freedoms granted to me by God and not their egomaniacal heroes in DC...(who they don't realize are playing them for the useful idiots they are) I come to this site for relaxation and hopefully to be educated by those even with whom i disagree - BUT ON BASIC POINT under the genre of "Computer Audiophile" and not side tracking into political discussions...I KNOW what i believe (politically and economically) and i KNOW WHY...NOTHING will ever change that. What i don't know is all i want to understand about this hobby. Add to that the interesting (IMO) side stories written by these brilliantly minded posters here..Some of the most intelligent and interesting people i have ever communicated with are on this very site. I am encouraged by the fact most of these CA members ARE SUCCESSFUL ENOUGH to afford a lifestyle that includes such "frivolity" as high end audio while also being well read and versed in so many other fields. I posted a politically oriented reply ONLY BECAUSE a line had been crossed that i simply could not let go unchallenged. I will gladly not inject political musings into any of my posts so lets keep the politics out of the discussion please. There are other venues for that. Here is a place for elevated levels of discussion and discourse regarding our hobby along with great humor and interesting tales - thus creating a wonderful respite for those whom the world is too much with us...

Chris i ask that you shut this thread down NOW please sir before i have to respond specifically to this person who believes that "companies want to kill humans" ....Trust me sir when i say none of the lying delusional sanctimonious (i know what is best for you) leftist EVER want to deal with me (or "my kind")...Our views versus theirs are diametrically opposite and mutually exclusive. And Fk no we can't just "get along" or "coexist" (i cannot coexist with someone who wants to KILL me btw) The political paradigm has shifted so far to the left the past 50 years i no longer recognize the country i served. (As did 6 generations of my family) i have had enough of their lies their carefully edified distortions (championed by their talking head mouth pieces/actors/protagonists/writers in all of media), their wealth re-distribution, their theft of my freedoms granted to me by God and not their egomaniacal heroes in DC...(who they don't realize are playing them for the useful idiots they are) I come to this site for relaxation and hopefully to be educated by those even with whom i disagree - BUT ON BASIC POINT under the genre of "Computer Audiophile" and not side tracking into political discussions...I KNOW what i believe (politically and economically) and i KNOW WHY...NOTHING will ever change that. What i don't know is all i want to understand about this hobby. Add to that the interesting (IMO) side stories written by these brilliantly minded posters here..Some of the most intelligent and interesting people i have ever communicated with are on this very site. I am encouraged by the fact most of these CA members ARE SUCCESSFUL ENOUGH to afford a lifestyle that includes such "frivolity" as high end audio while also being well read and versed in so many other fields. I posted a politically oriented reply ONLY BECAUSE a line had been crossed that i simply could not let go unchallenged. I will gladly not inject political musings into any of my posts so lets keep the politics out of the discussion please. There are other venues for that. Here is a place for elevated levels of discussion and discourse regarding our hobby along with great humor and interesting tales - thus creating a wonderful respite for those whom the world is too much with us...

Maybe time to take a little music break:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2MpX2GhPZA

...Trust me sir when i say none of the lying delusional sanctimonious (i know what is best for you) leftist EVER want to deal with me (or "my kind")...The political paradigm has shifted so far to the left the past 50 years i no longer recognize the country i served. (As did 6 generations of my family) i have had enough of their lies their carefully edified distortions (championed by their talking head mouth pieces/actors/protagonists/writers in all of media), their wealth re-distribution, their theft of my freedoms granted to me by God and not their egomaniacal heroes in DC...
With public rants like this one, do you think that maybe it might be a good idea for you to take a break from this forum?

Chris i ask that you shut this thread down NOW please sir before i have to respond specifically to this person who believes that "companies want to kill humans" ....

Wow - I think you hit every single point the good old boys in the Tea Party and the country club Republicans are using to scare the dear peepul. Sort of like the anti-cable vs the pro-cable people. :)

While I can understand what has you riled up, you are definitely over-reacting here.

And you are doing exactly what you complained about - taking away someone else's freedom, just because they do not agree with you. The sad part is you do not even see you are doing that. The country's problems are all being exaggerated because we do not have any new space to expand the population into. Everything you mentioned, and more, has population pressure as the root reason.

Uh- and a lot of us veterans are libertarians (with a small ell) these days. There are really good reasons for that.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Hamlet to Ophilia - "...If thou needst marry, marry a fool, for wise men know well enough what monsters you make of them!"

I fear we misunderstood Ophelia, who was clearly an audiophile and would have added much to some of our spicier threads. After all, she embraced madness as the only way she could express herself. Just look at her assessment of Hamlet's music system:

"I, of ladies most deject and wretched, That sucked the honey of his music vows,

Now see that noble and most sovereign reason

Like sweet bells jangled, out of tune and harsh"

Hmmm - could her spirit have resurfaced under a nom de plume right here on CA? giggle.gif

PS: It's amazing what you remember from high school and college! The phrases from Shakespeare that stuck most firmly in my brain are (and I'm probably paraphrasing badly here - it's been 5 decades, and I haven't read much Shakespeare since college) "Oh wall - my cherry lips have often kissed thy stones" from Midsummer Night's Dream and "Cowards die many times before their death; a brave man dies but once" from Julius Caesar. There's a lot of jumbled information in our heads that can come in handy on occasion.

(Click to enlarge)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25826[/ATTACH]

Does that mean Tramp can't be elected?

How do you explain GW?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Does that mean Tramp can't be elected?

How do you explain GW?

Funny, I look at the cartoon and see references to Hillary and Obama two of the biggest idiots (of course except Gore) to have ever occupied DC.

But of course, nothing can top Hank Johnson's comments on Guam:

Trust me, there is no dearth of morons who call themselves democrats

Does that mean Trump can't be elected?

No, a presidential candidate can't be impeached before he is elected. But, after...

How do you explain GW?
The provisions to impeach are in the Constitution, but it's up to Congress to use them. The latter hasn't exactly distinguished itself in many years <understatement>.

Trust me, there is no dearth of morons who call themselves democrats
True, but the number pales in comparison to the morons who call themselves Republicans.

(Click to enlarge)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25826[/ATTACH]

God, the number of times in my lifetime alone that Constitutional codicil would have been evoked! LBJ, Carter, Bush Senior, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, and next time, Hillary (or less likely, Trump). F..cking morons, all (with a little evil thrown in for good measure - LBJ).

George