IGNORED

Chord Mojo streams DSD 128 but just static w/DSD 256 files--Help please

I just tested mine with my Windows 10 desktop in JRiver using Kernel Streaming mode. I don't actually have any DSD128 or DSD256 files. So I had to convert some PCM files to DSD128 or DSD256 on the fly which my laptop struggled with. I connected the Mojo to my laptop USB port via the stock mini-USB to USB cable that came with the Mojo. DSD128 and DSD256 both played fine. Not sure if your problem is with Aries Mini's USB output or maybe USB cable? Perhaps you want to try using the short stock cable with the Mojo first to see if it works?

Double DSD through the Aries Mini and Chord Mojo are fine as well as Quad DSD through the Aries internal DAC but Quad DSD with the Mojo just gets static. Anyone help, please. Appreciate it

I have the same issue. The source has to be able to not just have "handshaking" capabilities with USB but maintain power and not go into "sleep" or low power mode. My desktop works fine my laptop has the issues you are referring to

• 2 weeks later...

My Mojo appears to work fine with the stock USB cable at DSD 256 (via DoP) from the µRendu.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

From Chris at Auralic:

Ok here is the deal. The Mojo is requesting something extra for DSD256 that isn't standard in the normal driver. So at this point DSD256 won't work with the Mojo. Its possible at some point we can add in what they are requesting. At the moment though the software team is focused on the App and Firmware. Sorry for the bad news.

So it looks as if the Aries Mini and Mojo combo won't be able to do DSD256 anytime in the near future

• 3 months later...

just got a Chord Mojo and tried playing DSD256 from my Aries (not Mini) but all I get is static noise

so the issue is not with just the Aries Mini

:(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 2 months later...

µRendu plays DSD 256 (via DoP) to the Mojo with no problem... Remember, that for DSD 256 to work via DoP, your devices need to support 705.6 PCM.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

µRendu plays DSD 256 (via DoP) to the Mojo with no problem... Remember, that for DSD 256 to work via DoP, your devices need to support 705.6 PCM.

My PC on windows plays normal through foobar2000. My MacBook Pro with windows and foobar2000 plays normal. But OS X or Linux with Jriver or OS X with Audirvana plays with interruptions... In MacBook Air with Lion was all OK, bun in El Capitan or Sierra started problems.