IGNORED

What to replace my dead $400 iFi Micro USB 3.0 with?

My iFi micro USB 3.0 has died 29 days after I purchased it. There is no support number for this product that I can find. So far this company has not responded to any of my requests for help. I will contact Music Direct this morning to return this defective product and ask for a refund. At least they have a 60 day return policy.

I cannot recommend this product by a company that no support mechanism.

I will look elsewhere for something that can clean up the USB connection.

$400 is a lot of money to me. I am VERY disappointed and disgusted by my entire experience with iFi

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE product to replace this unit?

Thanks

My iFi micro USB 3.0 has died 29 days after I purchased it. There is no support number for this product that I can find. So far this company has not responded to any of my requests for help. I will contact Music Direct this morning to return this defective product and ask for a refund. At least they have a 60 day return policy.

I cannot recommend this product by a company that no support mechanism.

I will look elsewhere for something that can clean up the USB connection.

$400 is a lot of money to me. I am VERY disappointed and disgusted by my entire experience with iFi

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE product to replace this unit?

Thanks

I understand exactly what you are going through. The best solution is to go with a good dealer. Music Direct is just OK. They'll honor their 60 day return policy, etc.... If you go with the right dealer, its not necessary to call the manufacturer. You shouldn't have to call tech support just 29 days after the purchase, that's the dealers job. There's a reason they have protected areas and pricing. You should expect better than Best Buy service.

If you have no local options, I can make a couple of recommendations. 2 places that really set themselves apart from most other dealers are The Cable Company in PA, and Audio Connection in NJ. With Cable Co, you get a bunch of honest & knowledgeable people to work with, along with their lending library. They have the best demo program in the industry. Before you buy anything, they'll send you a box with a few different dac's to demo first. Spend a couple of weeks testing them, and then make a decision. If you buy something that they don't stock new, they let you keep the demo until you get the new one. Audio Connection is a bit different. I've been to audio stores all over the country, and John R is the most competent, by far. His recommendations and system building skills at all price levels, are just on another level. What I really like about him is that he's very hands on. Any problems, and he deals with it, no questions asked. The situation gets made right. Also, he has a really nice upgrade program. He gives you up to 1 year to trade in a purchase at full retail, and apply it to a more expensive upgrade. I don't know if any other stores still do that. He may be the last one.

I understand exactly what you are going through. The best solution is to go with a good dealer. Music Direct is just OK. They'll honor their 60 day return policy, etc.... If you go with the right dealer, its not necessary to call the manufacturer. You shouldn't have to call tech support just 29 days after the purchase, that's the dealers job. There's a reason they have protected areas and pricing. You should expect better than Best Buy service.

If you have no local options, I can make a couple of recommendations. 2 places that really set themselves apart from most other dealers are The Cable Company in PA, and Audio Connection in NJ. With Cable Co, you get a bunch of honest & knowledgeable people to work with, along with their lending library. They have the best demo program in the industry. Before you buy anything, they'll send you a box with a few different dac's to demo first. Spend a couple of weeks testing them, and then make a decision. If you buy something that they don't stock new, they let you keep the demo until you get the new one. Audio Connection is a bit different. I've been to audio stores all over the country, and John R is the most competent, by far. His recommendations and system building skills at all price levels, are just on another level. What I really like about him is that he's very hands on. Any problems, and he deals with it, no questions asked. The situation gets made right. Also, he has a really nice upgrade program. He gives you up to 1 year to trade in a purchase at full retail, and apply it to a more expensive upgrade. I don't know if any other stores still do that. He may be the last one.

I tried a local Durham, NC dealer but this person/company is in crisis and unable to do business at this time

I went all Google and found someone to get me one quickly. Well, now I see what that has got me.

Even before all this I purchased a SOtM PCIe USB card. It was D.O.A. and I had to send it back.

I am not having the best of luck with USB products it seems.

Just contact IFI via their website - they have been very helpful:)

File a ticket in the support system if necessary, but of course, a good dealer should offer you the proper service.

Saying the company 'has no support mechanism' is totally wrong.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I tried a local Durham, NC dealer but this person/company is in crisis and unable to do business at this time

I went all Google and found someone to get me one quickly. Well, now I see what that has got me.

Even before all this I purchased a SOtM PCIe USB card. It was D.O.A. and I had to send it back.

I am not having the best of luck with USB products it seems.

That's why I recommend dealing with good people. You wouldn't be running around like this. If there's a problem, it gets dealt with immediately.

Audio Connection is a bit different. I've been to audio stores all over the country, and John R is the most competent, by far. His recommendations and system building skills at all price levels, are just on another level. What I really like about him is that he's very hands on. Any problems, and he deals with it, no questions asked. The situation gets made right. Also, he has a really nice upgrade program. He gives you up to 1 year to trade in a purchase at full retail, and apply it to a more expensive upgrade. I don't know if any other stores still do that. He may be the last one.

I have not dealt with Audio Connection personally, but have known of its/John's tremendous reputation for decades. So +1 there.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

File a ticket in the support system if necessary, but of course, a good dealer should offer you the proper service.

I have filed 2 tickets. Neither have been responded to.

The only support or responses I have received have been here in this forum

Thanks

Excuse me.....

They have a "poor" support mechanism.... better?

I have filed 2 tickets. They have not been responded to.

Yes I am emotional right now. I have a broken iUSB 3.0 that I turned off simply to move a piece of equipment. Now it no longer works as it did before.

Excuse me.....

They have a "poor" support mechanism.... better?

I have filed 2 tickets. They have not been responded to.

Yes I am emotional right now. I have a broken iUSB 3.0 that I turned off simply to move a piece of equipment. Now it no longer works as it did before.

Be patient and wait for the technical team to get back to you for diagnosis procedures or additional info on how to proceed.

Why did you file two tickets?

Do you think filing more than one ticket will make it any easier on the technical team to get back to you?

Do you think it will make things go faster?

Or slower?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Okay I just got off the phone with Mark at Music Direct. Mark is familiar with and personally owns several iFi products. He was very knowledgeable and able to ask all the typical troubleshooting steps. He agreed that I had done everything I could to get this unit working.

The solution is that Music Direct is sending me a new unit. I will prepay for the new one and be credited the full amount when they get the original one back. I cough up a $20 for overnight FedEx to me but do not pay for return shipping.

I have also ordered an Uptone Audio Regen this morning as well.

Soon I will be back in audio bliss....

My next stop will be to figure out how to build a fiber connected NAA PC that will work with both music and KODI/XBMC

thanks everyone

Great the dealer is sorting you out as he should.

You may want to update the other thread where you unjustly spewed venom on the company.