IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

So I assume Roon can be used with HQ player with this device? I see Roon and HQ player as outputs but can they both work together.

The uRendu is an endpoint for these (if you allow me to call HQP NAA an endpoint). You need to put Roon and HQPlayer on a computer (or Roon on your NAS or SonicTransporter, and HQPlayer on a pc, for example).

So I assume Roon can be used with HQ player with this device? I see Roon and HQ player as outputs but can they both work together.

You can only have one output active at a time Roon or NAA (HQplayer). HQplayer can be configure with Roon as an input. So you would enable NAA on the microRendu and then set HQplayer as your output in Roon.

Roon -> HQplayer -> microRendu (NAA mode)

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

Planning ahead for receiving my microRendu. I set up some full time cooling for it, so heat won't be an issue. Is the device vulnerable to vibration?

Mine has been running most of 3 days and it gets barely warm to touch.

Power is at 8.3v.

Powered by iFi @ 9.4v it got a bit warmer but nothing like "hot."

Power is at 8.3v.

Powered by iFi @ 9.4v it got a bit warmer but nothing like "hot."

Thanks for the reply Doak.....my microRendu is going on a cabinet shelf, so I wanted to be extra safe. I will be using the iFi 9V power module. I can't tell from the photos, but are there little feet on the underbelly of the case?

Thanks for the reply Doak.....my microRendu is going on a cabinet shelf, so I wanted to be extra safe. I will be using the iFi 9V power module. I can't tell from the photos, but are there little feet on the underbelly of the case?

Sonore supplies a set of 4 teeeeny stick on rubber "dot feet" as an option for those who wish to use them. Look for the teeeny zip lock bag.

Thanks barrows.

I do get that, but since Chris had made the comment about it in his system, and I'd read some of his other reviews, I was curious whether he was using it as a $650 unit (ie with an ifi or whatever) or a more expensive unit (ie with a high end power supply) in order to say it was the best he'd heard in his system.

I know these things are subjective but 'Performing quite well' with affordable supplies doesn't appear to me to be enough to better all other streamers that have been tested in Chris' setup, so I'm guessing a much higher end PSU was used.....

Chris' review states that he used the µRendu with the power supply supplied by Sonore. The supply Sonore provided him was a pre-production version of the Sonore Signature supply. Circuit wise, the supply he used is identical to the production supply, with the only difference being that the pre-production sample he used just a had a little pigtail DC cable made of 18 AWG, silver plated copper wire. The production version of the Sonore Signature Supply comes with a custom (made by Cardas) DC cable which plugs into the supply using a Neutrik Powercon connector.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I'm having a hard time grasping what real-world improvement this could make over a direct-connected USB input to my DAC from my iMac, which is in another room about 15ft away. Doesn't an XMOS interface offer some electrical isolation already? Is the claims that a modern computer is generating so much noise that leakage though USB/firewire ground plane is going to reduce fidelity by a great degree? Teach me here, I'm open and I have a run of CAT6 going to the system, for the SBT already. I gather I could just use a hub with the existing network cable in order to provide a path to both the SBT and optionally to the rendu for Roon/HQP use. Aren't there opto-isolators on the market for USB that would accomplish the same thing?

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

Sonore is making a Signature Power Supply for the µRendu. Chris used a pre-production version of this for his review. Actual production versions of this supply should be shipping next week. The supply is built to order, in the US, and may take a little while to deliver (there are already some orders pending). This supply is designed specifically to get the best possible performance out of the µRendu.

Quoting from the microRendu topic, I see now that the article does very briefly mention the above power supply being used, although initially I didn't notice, and there's no mention of its cost, which perhaps wasn't known at the time of the article. I see it's now listed on the Sonore website as costing $2,399 (USD).

That means the total cost of the microRendu source as reviewed was actually $649 + $2,399 = $3,048

Hopefully this will be made clearer in the Part II, as it could possibly be construed as a bit misleading as it stands - finishing with a quote about it being the best sounding source ever heard, followed by a price tag of $649 - when in fact the system including the PS was more than 4x that.

That's still an amazing accomplishment if it beats something like the Aurender W20, but I still think its fairer to clarify.

Am looking forward to receiving mine to try with the ifi, and I really hope there's a subjective comparison between powering it with the ifi and the above Signature PS in the next part.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

The integration with Roon happens before the output.

If run HqPlayer by itself or integrated with Roon the output will be NAA.

So the answer is ye, Roon and HqPlayer work really well together.

I'm having a hard time grasping what real-world improvement this could make over a direct-connected USB input to my DAC from my iMac, which is in another room about 15ft away. Doesn't an XMOS interface offer some electrical isolation already? Is the claims that a modern computer is generating so much noise that leakage though USB/firewire ground plane is going to reduce fidelity by a great degree? Teach me here, I'm open and I have a run of CAT6 going to the system, for the SBT already. I gather I could just use a hub with the existing network cable in order to provide a path to both the SBT and optionally to the rendu for Roon/HQP use. Aren't there opto-isolators on the market for USB that would accomplish the same thing?

How does this fit in the audio chain? What can it do on its own? What I think would be beneficial for us less versed in this field is some pictures of how this is used with all the typical software and hardware components we all use. For instance, how do I seem tidal? Do I have to have the Tidal app or tidal web app residing on a separate computer or can this be done native?

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

How does this fit in the audio chain? What can it do on its own? What I think would be beneficial for us less versed in this field is some pictures of how this is used with all the typical software and hardware components we all use. For instance, how do I seem tidal? Do I have to have the Tidal app or tidal web app residing on a separate computer or can this be done native?

patience sandston. part 2 will come soon enough :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Quoting from the microRendu topic, I see now that the article does very briefly mention the above power supply being used, although initially I didn't notice, and there's no mention of its cost, which perhaps wasn't known at the time of the article. I see it's now listed on the Sonore website as costing $2,399 (USD).

That means the total cost of the microRendu source as reviewed was actually $649 + $2,399 = $3,048

Hopefully this will be made clearer in the Part II, as it could possibly be construed as a bit misleading as it stands - finishing with a quote about it being the best sounding source ever heard, followed by a price tag of $649 - when in fact the system including the PS was more than 4x that.

That's still an amazing accomplishment if it beats something like the Aurender W20, but I still think its fairer to clarify.

Am looking forward to receiving mine to try with the ifi, and I really hope there's a subjective comparison between powering it with the ifi and the above Signature PS in the next part.

Typo, actual price of the Signature Power Supply is $1399.00, and combo deals may be available. This supply is in a beautiful custom made in the USA chassis, and comes with a very nice custom made (by Cardas) DC cable. This level of parts quality adds up quickly. Additionally, the supply is designed to offer the best performance possible, using a custom made discrete regulator circuit, for the µRendu. Considering the much higher cost of products which can compete at the same sound quality level, the combined price is totally reasonable.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Power is at 8.3v.