IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

Computer neophyte and need some basic help.

I've got a

--Synology 1812 NAS with terabytes of music files,

-- a long ethernet cable from the NAS that will reach the micro-Rendu,

-- a DAC that will take USB,

-- and an IPAD.

The physical connections seem simple enough but how do I control my music files on the NAS and actually play music in terms of what software might best work?

Is all the software just going to be on my IPAD or do I need to fiddle trying to get software on the NAS and/or the micro-Rendu?

I don't see simple instructions on the Sonore website. Just a long list of programs I don't recognize that might work with it.

Thanks. And apologize for my ignorance on this stuff.

Mike

MG555

Mike, I assume you have all this into a wireless router (otherwise what does your ipad see?). You'll need music serving software (like Minimserver on your NAS) and a some free music browsing software on your ipad (called a control point in UPnP language) like Kazoo or other UPnP clients. No need to buy anything like JRIver or Roon if you are fine with loading free Minimserver on your NAS and a free iPad app. The microRednu sees Minimserver (once Minimserver loads and catalogs your NAS music and you tell microRendu to be in UPnP renderer mode), and grabs whatever music your ipad-based music browsing remote tells it to. The microRendu sends that music, via USB, to your DAC.

Thanks, Ted, Firedog and Master.

I'll use minimserver on the Synology 1812 and Kazoo on the Ipad.

One more question (probably more revealing of my ignorance than the others): is there any way to have the above working (NAS with Minimserver to micro-Rendu) and also find a way to run TIDAL off the IPAD?

Thanks.

Mike

MG555