IGNORED

Music for the Deck - B&W Zeppelin Air

davidbeinct

Just picked this up. I'll do a mini review after I get some listening time and break it in some. First song I listened to on it was Stairway to Heaven. It went from pretty muddled on that to pretty clear a few songs later (I confirmed with the indoor system it was mostly not the recording on Stairway).

It's a factory refurb I picked up from Crutchfield for $399 vs. the $599 list. It comes with the old 30-pin connector, but that doesn't really matter. I'm streaming Roon to it using Airplay and have the Apple TV on the upstairs system grouped with it so I can move back and forth from the deck to the kitchen without missing a beat.

bw zep.JPG

Nice!

In case you don't know.....you can change the internal bass setting but you have to dock an iPhone or iPod to do it. I found that when I got mine some years ago that the bass setting was too high for my liking.

Nice!

In case you don't know.....you can change the internal bass setting but you have to dock an iPhone or iPod to do it. I found that when I got mine some years ago that the bass setting was too high for my liking.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if that might have something to do with the muddled sound I heard early on. I'll play it like it is for a while first. I do have an old iPhone 3s laying around so that would fit the 30-pin dock.