IGNORED

Thoughts on 3 music server implementations (aurender, sonare, ps audio), help please

I would seriously consider the PS Audio, especially if you are a Roon fan (or are willing to become one). The DS junior will be Roon Ready, making it easy to integrate with Roon. To me, Roon is ideal for digital playback, and the firmware upgradability of the DS Junior is very attractive. What you save on purchasing the Aurender can be used to get a MAC mini to run Roon (given the functionality of Roon, you are better off running it on a solid computer rather than a NAS). Take the opportunity to listen to the DS junior, and take a look at Roon when you get a chance.

This option though might leave out MQA. It is not clear, even to PS Audio, whether it makes sense to implement MQA in their DS product line. If MQA over Tidal is something that might be important to you, this is worth accounting for in your decision.

Let us know what you decide, but at least give the PS Audio a listen. I would be curious what your impressions are.