IGNORED

Thoughts on 3 music server implementations (aurender, sonare, ps audio), help please

I plan to continue using J River, so I'm trying to figure out how that would work with the Aurender and make sense and doesn't create a lot of extra effort.

While you can continue to use J River to create, edit, and maintain your music library, the only way to remotely control any Aurender unit is with its iPad app. That's true not just for playing music, but for adjusting the Aurender's settings too.

From my point of view, this is no loss, though. After going through several remote apps over the years, there's no question in my mind that the Aurender Conductor is the most elegant and functional app I've ever used. (FWIW, the other remote music apps I've used include: Squeezebox, iPeng, Apple Remote, and Audirvana Plus.)

Dave, who loved both the music sound quality and the Conductor app interface of his Aurender N100H so much that he sold it less than two months after buying it to upgrade to an Aurender N10 instead which has even better sound quality and multiple outputs which is very useful in his main music system

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

(The Aurenders do sound good. UI/UX-wise, though, Aurender vs Roon: Roon is miles ahead, IMO, so lack of futureprooficity is already apparent.)

So I'm just curious, not having used Roon...but if your music library is accurate and has complete metadata (as needed, as mine is), what specifically would be the advantage of Roon?

Especially when considering its extra costs?

And also, David, to complete perspective, how much, how often, have you used Aurender's Conductor app?

Dave, who would note that since the Aurender units can be upgraded calling them not future-proof might be shortsighted

If anyone's still awake and reading...

David, I have only one comment back for now:

Thank you much, entirely much, for your detailed, straightforward, and engaged response.

Dave, who will add a second comment by noting that all the extra info beyond the basic album-and-track metadata is something he often simply looks up with Google as he sits listening to music with the iPad in his hands which takes more effort perhaps than Roon and is more free-form but for now that's okay since the bottom line for him is the music itself and how it sounds although a trial of Roon is likely due for him sometime later this year