IGNORED

Thoughts on 3 music server implementations (aurender, sonare, ps audio), help please

If by "w/o serious aurender experience" you mean I don't own one, that's correct, but I have spent a fair amount of time listening to a couple-few different systems using different Aurenders as a front end, and I thought they sounded good, as I said. Command Performance AV is an Aurender dealer and is within walking distance of my house. I think Aurender is a good choice for a lot of people, but I don't like to be locked in like that, and I really do enjoy the Roon UI and the ability it provides to explore connections within my library and Tidal's, as well as a way of discovering new music that works well for me.

I seriously doubt that Aurender can catch up to Roon in the UI/UX department (not to mention the whole distributed-computing/multi-zone thing) — because Aurender isn't primarily a software development enterprise — but if I'm shown to be wrong, I'll cheerfully apologize. Time will tell.

--David

David,

As someone who is on the fence about going the Aurender route vs your way (Sonicorbiter SE or microRendu) I'm wondering if you've been able to compare the two paths in terms of SQ. I haven't been able to find a thread on CA where someone has compared an N100 vs your method on their home system.

Thanks,

Les