IGNORED

darTZeel LHC-208 DAC/Network Player/Int Amp

Has anyone heard this DAC/Network Player/Integrated Amp? Any comments? Any comparisons to others such as Devialet? A friend of mine is looking to downsize. :-)

Thanks,

Jim

I have not. The dart integrated has been on my list of things to audition for many years. Gotta get off my rear and listen to one.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Has anyone heard this DAC/Network Player/Integrated Amp? Any comments? Any comparisons to others such as Devialet? A friend of mine is looking to downsize. :-)

Thanks,

Jim

Hi JHG,

This is a question I asked some months ago prior to deciding for my own installation (Devialet vs DartZeel LHC-208).

I auditioned both, and decided for the Devialet D900 at that time. But you have to understand that the scope of functions is not exactly the same : the LHC-208 integrates a network player which you have to add to the Devialet in order to reach the same level of functionality.

When I decided, I was not aware of the galvanic isolation problems and thought a Devialet fed through USB could do very well as is. It does a good job, but then I felt the need to add a Mutec between the Devialet and the MacMini, and finally a Trinnov Amethyst as network reader, but I selected this last one more for room correction purposes than anything else.

At the end of the day, if you friend really is out for a single box with huge sound quality, I guess that the LHC-208 is the one to go for ;) You can add to that that Hervé Delétraz, the founder and owner of Dartzeel, is a very nice man, who personally takes care of his clients. I could never receive any helpful answer when contacting Devialet support :(

But there are other and much cheaper one box solutions, like the Lumin M1 ; very much depends on the budget of your friend and his expectations in terms of SQ.

Thanks for the post SwissBear. I will pass it on to him. He is not looking for anything cheaper necessarily, sound quality trumps the price. Sounds like the darTZeel will fit the bill, if he likes the way it sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I'v had Dartzeel LHC208 and can tell you many interesting . This amp has a lot of surprises. You post was two weeks ago and I do't know is it interesting for you. Excuse me for my English. I'm Russian.

I did a big survey for my friend who selling DartZeel. Unfortunately there is in Russian and I did'n translate it in English.

What musical system does he has (amp, speakers, DAC , CD player ore comp) ore where does he wants to use it? I use it with Avalon Indra and NAS Buffalo 441.