IGNORED

Prince Rogers Nelson (June 7, 1958 – April 21, 2016)

Prince died today here in Minneapolis at his studio Paisley Park.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25458[/ATTACH]

So sad. I just read a blind item about him *yesterday*, indicating he was seriously ill and would not make it through the summer. Guess more ill than they knew.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

His Royal Badness has left the stage, and will be missed. But he left us with his best album in a while (HITNRUN).

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Still in disbelief. He funked with the best of them.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Hadn't heard anything about his illness nor his death :(

Discovered Prince with "When Doves Cry" in the 80's.

RIP

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Traffic is backed up for miles right now outside Paisley Park. First Avenue is celebrating Prince tonight with a free dance party. Target Field is paying tribute to Prince. Interstate 35W bridge will be lit up purple tonight. It's a big deal around Minneapolis.

One thing many many people don't know is that Prince threw tons of tiny concerts / parties at Paisley Park over the years. Sometimes they'd be announced just hours before the event. He was also known to bring artist to Paisley Park after they played a show in Minneapolis. I've heard many stories over the years about stuff like Lenny Kravits cutting his show short but heading to Paisley Park to Jam with Prince all night.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

A man of absolutely incredible talents has left us. But, his legacy will forever live on.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I heard an interview with the curator of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where he said that this performance from 2004 in a tribute to George Harrison was arguably the greatest guitar solo in history. Prince comes on stage at ~3:25 in and it’s pretty unbelievable. Well worth the few minutes of your time it will take to watch it. May he rest in peace, eternally jamming with other musical legends.

[video=youtube_share;6SFNW5F8K9Y]

I can't think of any performer who has been more prolific, inventive, and as enduring as His Purpleness. I never made Pop music a daily listen because I prefer classical and jazz, still, his music always caught my attention when I heard it, and I was always thankful for that.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

I heard an interview with the curator of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where he said that this performance from 2004 in a tribute to George Harrison was arguably the greatest guitar solo in history. Prince comes on stage at ~3:25 in and it’s pretty unbelievable. Well worth the few minutes of your time it will take to watch it. May he rest in peace, eternally jamming with other musical legends.

On par with some of Jimi's best solos

Thank you for sharing. He will certainly be missed in so many ways.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Traffic is backed up for miles right now outside Paisley Park. First Avenue is celebrating Prince tonight with a free dance party. Target Field is paying tribute to Prince. Interstate 35W bridge will be lit up purple tonight. It's a big deal around Minneapolis.

One thing many many people don't know is that Prince threw tons of tiny concerts / parties at Paisley Park over the years. Sometimes they'd be announced just hours before the event. He was also known to bring artist to Paisley Park after they played a show in Minneapolis. I've heard many stories over the years about stuff like Lenny Kravits cutting his show short but heading to Paisley Park to Jam with Prince all night.

Yeah! That was awesome! I didnt even attempt to go downtown tonight.

Prince had one of his impromptu parties at Paisley Park not long ago, it was an all night Pajama Party with breakfast If I am remembering correctly.

No electron left behind.

[video=youtube_share;6SFNW5F8K9Y]

Yes, just heard it last night for the first time. Not only is it amazing, Prince does it effortlessly. Note the other musicians playing along in disbelief - and there are some pretty good guitarists on that stage.

My favorite Prince songs tend to be the ones where he plays quite a bit of guitar....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25484[/ATTACH]

Nice.

A somewhat "rare" album to get and a real gem is N.E.W.S.

Its an all instrumental, four song album and each track is 14 min. If I recall, the album was done in one day straight through in one pass (rec at paisley).

MI0002276011.jpg

His body of work is really something else, and I know he has a huge vault at paisley of unreleased stuff. What an insanely talented musician.

My rig

Haven't looked into the news much more, but my girflriend was saying he had cancelled a few small shows after his visit to Canada when he fell ill, but he still had a new small show recently.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels