IGNORED

Cable Upgrade - AKG K7XX

I would like to upgrade the (detachable) cable on my AKG K7XXs with something shorter than the standard 10 foot cable that came with them. I probably only need 4 to 6 feet. It has the AKG three pin connector.

I looked online and their a quite a few available on Amazon, etc.

Anything in particular I should consider for these particular headphones? (62 ohms)

Any suggestions based on experience to help me narrow down the choices. I don't think I want to spend more than about $75 (it looks like there are quite a few well below that - but again, looking for something tried and true).

Your input would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

I would like to upgrade the (detachable) cable on my AKG K7XXs with something shorter than the standard 10 foot cable that came with them. I probably only need 4 to 6 feet. It has the AKG three pin connector.

I looked online and their a quite a few available on Amazon, etc.

Anything in particular I should consider for these particular headphones? (62 ohms)

Any suggestions based on experience to help me narrow down the choices. I don't think I want to spend more than about $75 (it looks like there are quite a few well below that - but again, looking for something tried and true).

Your input would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Those take the mini xlr like my BD DT770 headphones. I went to Bluejeans cable and they have made me a 10ft cable with whatever other connector I wanted for $35. They will make whatever length you want for very reasonable pricing. I don't believe that they advertise the mini xlr cable so here is the info on my cable:

Belden 1508AF Balanced Audio Cable, 10 foot, 1/4" TRS Male/Mini XLR Female, Black

Just click the contact button on the home page. They respond quickly and ship quickly, even though all of their cables are made to order. FWIW, when I was discussing cabling for my BD's, the owner mentioned that he had AKG's and that was how the Belden 1508AF came up. It was the cable that he used. I've been very happy.

The biggest problem with Bluejeans is that they are a no frills company and they don't believe in charging enormous amounts of money for cables.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

That sounds just about perfect. I will check them out. Thank you!

And thanks for the specific information on the connector.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

New cable is on its way! Thanks again.