IGNORED

Dirac and Two Subs

I am going to add a second sub to my 5.1 system. I employ Dirac Live and JRiver to an Oppo 105D.

Does anybody have a take on how well Dirac will equalize and calibrate two subs (summed/mono)? The subs are different models (current: DT Super Cube I, new: SVS Ultra 13) and will be located slightly different distances from the listening area. Also different type locations, mid-wall and corner. This is the reality of my room.

Can Dirac Live handle this 5.2 configuration or should I also invest in a MiniDSP 2x4 to time/gain align the subs prior to Dirac measurements?

Thanks very much for all the good advice.

jjk43

jjk

I am going to add a second sub to my 5.1 system. I employ Dirac Live and JRiver to an Oppo 105D.

Does anybody have a take on how well Dirac will equalize and calibrate two subs (summed/mono)? The subs are different models (current: DT Super Cube I, new: SVS Ultra 13) and will be located slightly different distances from the listening area. Also different type locations, mid-wall and corner. This is the reality of my room.

Can Dirac Live handle this 5.2 configuration or should I also invest in a MiniDSP 2x4 to time/gain align the subs prior to Dirac measurements?

Thanks very much for all the good advice.

jjk43

This is is one reason I have avoided multiple subs. I may be completely off course here, but if I were doing it, here is how. I would use REW to try to synchronize both subs in terms of level and phase using the controls on the subs themselves. Then, I would Y connect them to my system and do a normal Dirac calibration. End of story.

I think if you already have Dirac, there is no need for an additional MiniDSP box. I do not think it would help.

• 2 weeks later...