IGNORED

What's your occupation?

....and unfortunately I wandered into a hifi shop in Birmingham, England in the year CD players were introduced, asking to hear the new wonder; and was diverted towards a Linn LP12 turntable and Naim amplification. There has been turbulence in the bank account ever since.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

I build pc's for audio servers, I have heard a lot of good reviews for xx Highend, Thanks for your work,Alan

Vista Ultimate 32 bit/ Intel e5300 cpu/ ECS G41T-M2 mainboard/Diamond XS Dac/line-in to Insignia Amp/ Cambridge SoundWorks meets Infinity RS1001\'s

• 1 month later...

Bicycles.

Not the most glamorous and such, but it was something I enjoyed and I had plenty of knowledge and could do well, I have been into cycling since I was a child, and for the last ten years I have worked in the bicycle industry, mainly building bikes, mechanic, training mechanics and all other manners of bicycle and warehouse related work for a bicycle shop.

It was only supposed to be part time, a three month contract after a few crap jobs while settling back into civy street (an injury stopped a carrer in the army), three months working with my hobby and getting discount sounded just the ticket back then LOL, then another three month contract then another, I got comfortable, I still enjoy some aspects of the job and ride bicycles though I am 38yrs old and a lot less capable and with a little more girth LOL.

Maybe I should grow up............................... but then the wife and kids may expect more..........................

VP Purchasing

Plinius SA-Reference, EMM Labs DCC2/CDSD, Soliloquy 6.5 Full Range Speakers, Mac Mini, Pure Music, dB Audio Labs Essential USB Cable, Empirical Audio Offramp 4 with Turboclocks & Hynes Regulator upgrades - Power Conditioning & Cabling by Silver Circle Audio

Wow, I'm kind of surprised I seem to be the only one volunteering this one. Maybe it's a sign I never grew up...

I sell high end audio gear for my main gig and design speakers (30 years now, I'm sure my masterpiece is near) on the side.

The good news is my passion is how I make my living. The bad news is, well, the same thing.

Rick

Audio Research DAC8, Mac mini w/8g ram, SSD, Amarra full version, Audio Research REF 5SE Preamp, Sutherland Phd, Ayre V-5, Vandersteen 5A\'s, Audioquest Wild and Redwood cabling, VPI Classic 3 w/Dynavector XX2MkII

• 1 year later...

Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician: Diagnosis and management of children with developmental disabilities, primarily autism.

Oddly enough, my undergraduate degree is in electrical engineering, which is where I developed a tinkering bug.

My favorite ice cream is Ben and Jerry's Visualize Whirled Peace, though I'm not sure they're still making that one. I also admit a weakness for chocolate chip cookie dough Häagen-Dazs.

Just helping to make the world a better place. ;-)

(Let me hasten to add that I do not work for the managed care area of our company. We do not have 'bean counters' in charge of whether your procedure is covered. I work for the Medicare Supplement area - Medicare pays 80%, we pay 20%, thank-you-very-much.)

Became an audiophile when I broke my mom's favorite china piece in 8th grade. Took a job as a paperboy to pay for it. At the end of the year, miraculously, instead of buying a replacement china piece or putting it in The College Fund that sucked up all other monies before they could touch my fingers, my parents said I could spend my paperboy earnings on whatever I wanted. At that time, the Beatles, Stones, Cream, and the Who were putting out some of their finest work and I was tired of hearing them through my brightly colored plastic GE record player, so I bought my first stereo.

Ice cream: Gelato, made in Italy. It is amazing there, and I've never had anything comparable here.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Well, at least that is why my title says. :) Work for a nice midsized insurance company down here in Austin, and it is nothing if not varied and interesting. A lot of fun too, surprisingly.

Ice cream? Cherry Garcia or Bryer's Natural Vanilla. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Perhaps the one of the original silent lurkers on this site.

My job has also been described as a being a professional bank robber.

Unfortunately its only a job and there is not enough music involved.

This site has been a great help in providing suggestions to help balance the musical deficit.

Very interesting mix of professions

Travelling Kit: Notebook PC, USB Disk, Benchmark DAC, Grado GS1000i, J River MC SW.