IGNORED

What's your occupation?

Currently working as a Network Engineer for a large metropolitan hospital system. Before that worked for 20 years as a Respiratory Therapist focusing on neonatal care.

Been pursuing the ever receding dream horizon of "perfect audio" since the early 80's. Closest I have come is now since firing up Windows Server 2012 R2 with Audiophile Optimizer on a "CAPS-like" server. Who would have thought that so much digital fatigue was caused by electrically noisy front end gear and jitter. I always thought that it was just built in to the recording process.

Thanks to Chris for this site!

BTW. I think that it is time for a CAPS v5 :-)

Best,

Paul

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

• 1 year later...

Good thread. Pretty diverse group. I am enjoying the straight answers the most...

First 20 years: I was a Respiratory Therapist. Specialized in Neonatal Intensive Care.

Second 20 years: IT Network Engineer mostly responsible for software distribution for a large hospital.

Third: Retired last year. Volunteering for a small non-profit scanning their library into digital format. Books, periodicals, photos, film, slides. Fun.

Fourth: Struggling to not spend my remaining savings on audio equipment. Failing...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System