IGNORED

Concurrent HQ Player and Roon Functionality Query.

Iain

I finally signed up for a 14 day preview of Roon 1.2 yesterday. I downloaded and installed it with the intent of Roon simply providing the missing link to connect HQ Player to my LAN.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. My intent is to retain the HQ Player physical control interface, with Roon simply providing the LAN connectivity only. Is this possible, as I quite like the HQP interface and don't want to lose it.

My intent is to retain the HQ Player physical control interface, with Roon simply providing the LAN connectivity only. Is this possible, as I quite like the HQP interface and don't want to lose it.

I don't think what you're looking for is currently possible, since the intent of Roon/HQP integration was to facilitate use of Roon for its UI and HQP for its DSP capabilities.

What is it you're trying to accomplish? Multi-zone playback with, say, multiple HQP NAA's?

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I don't think what you're looking for is currently possible, since the intent of Roon/HQP integration was to facilitate use of Roon for its UI and HQP for its DSP capabilities.

What is it you're trying to accomplish? Multi-zone playback with, say, multiple HQP NAA's?

--David

Nothing quite as complex as that.

I simply want to replace Foobar2000 with HQ Player, as I'm having intermittent playback problems transitioning from one DSD file to the next DSD file about 25 percent of the time. I'm assuming it's a stability problem with Foobar2000, so the obvious solution is to replace it with HQ Player. Problem is manifest only in an Open Home environment.

No problems at all with PCM files.