IGNORED

dbPoweramp settings

machinehead

Having some trouble getting the settings right in dbpoweramp.

I am ripping to flac.

The meta data issues I have are the following:

Artist tag is useless, it says "Various Artist" if the album is produced by a band.

Album Artist, is the tag I would like under the tag Artist, as it shows the name of the band.

I am ripping these to a folder on an external drive using Windows 7, dbpoweramp does not name the

folder with the artist name, can I change a setting to have it do this, or do I need to name each folder manually?

If I remove the Artist tag for above mentioned reasons, the folder file reads "Unknown Artist", any suggestions.

Thanks.

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

the artist tag and album artist tag can't be helped as the rest of the ripping population does not agree with you....hahahaha. Im kidding, but it is what it is and you would need to change it by hand. I would not as it's a lost cause and will drive you nuts.

For the directory again don't fight it and work with it.

In path press set and browse to your music directory

In naming press set and replace the code for something like this:

[Genre][Artist][Album][Track #] [Name]

It will make the directory structure in that manner each time. You can change it of course, but this example works.

Jesus R

www.sonore.us

Thanks Jesus!

I was starting to think I was nuts trying to get this simple program to work.

Is that the path structure you use?

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

it is simple and its very good. I guess that is why I like it. I don't have a dedicated storage as I have other stuff on my drive. So I have a few folders first to separate things. Mine is music(then the rest of the stuff I posted)

Jesus R

www.sonore.us