IGNORED

SGC - "Roonify" your USB drive or NAS with the sonicTransporter

See this page: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-naa-output-mode-27274/index6.html

So I went into the switch and changed the multicast mode to 'forward all" for the audio VLAN and now everything is working great.

The documentation for the switch says that in forward all mode multicast is handled by the switch hardware so happens very quickly. In any other mode the processor has to handle all multicast traffic (to figure out what to do with it) which slows it down.

HQP and microRendu is now working in any configuration I could setup.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi I tried connecting My SonicTransporter I5 and my Microrendu unsuccessfully. this is my set up:

I have my modem/router in the basement(Motorola sbg6580) from it I have a 50 feet cat 6 cable to my audio room where I have it go into a Netgear GS108 Switch and connected to that switch I have my Microrendu, the SonicTransport I5 and a desktop computer that is on the other side of the room.

Okay so far.

The Microrendu is connected to my DEQX HDP4. I can access both control panels and everything in them looks fine and the DAC is active and ready. When I start Roon I can see the Server and it work perfectly but I can't see the MR.

Go into the microRendu via http://www.sonicorbiter.com and go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and confirm that the DAC shows up in that page.

Do you have Roon server running on a computer and on the sonicTransporter or just on the sonicTransporter? If you have it running in two places you need to look over this guide:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-system-29811/#post584658

After troubleshooting for a while the Microrendu suddenly showed up but, when I played either Tidal or a Local PCM 96k file it started playing but sounded distorted for like 5 seconds, then it stops and I get a Network communication error and the MR diapered again.

When you get to Apps / DAC Diagnostics post an image of the information on that page.

Ok. But i understood JoseL's question because i was asking the same to myself. Also i would like to know how is the leanest way to get new stuff on on the HD via the sonic Transporter. I tried it but obviously i'm too dumb for this. For me it is not that easy. I don't even know what's the best after my listening session. Leaving the sonic transporter always on or shut the power down via the GUI and start it again for the next session on another day. So you see that there are a lot of "simple" questions still open to me.

I spoke with Andrew and these units can only mount a USB drive.

Whatever storage is mounted is shared on the network so you use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to drop files in over your network. It's meant to be on all the time so it's ready to use when you are ready to play music. Here is what my unit looks like in Finder:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29179[/ATTACH]

Hi vortecjr ,

today i had the time to follow your advice. It worked!! Yeah! Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-30 um 10.53.44.png

sonic Transporter; USB-HD; micro Rendu; Ayre QB-9; "The first Dan" integrated Amp; Speakers Napoleone (selfmade with Bauer/Blumenhofer Technology and know how); Roon; most Soundfiles AIFF and "The first Dan" Phonopre; Bauer DPS 2 Turntabble.

Setup the microRendu and SGC sonicTransporter (base) in my system three days ago.

Using Roon only, to stream Tidal (i.e. no stored music).

For the most, everything is working, however:

1. I am having intermittent stuttering issues with the tracks.

And

2. I am having some random load issues for Roon as well as Tidal within Roon.

Both the mR and the sT are connected to the primary cable modem/router.

Using my PC and/or my Android phone as the remote.

Advice and suggestions???

Thanks.

Setup the microRendu and SGC sonicTransporter (base) in my system three days ago.

Using Roon only, to stream Tidal (i.e. no stored music).

For the most, everything is working, however:

1. I am having intermittent stuttering issues with the tracks.

And

2. I am having some random load issues for Roon as well as Tidal within Roon.

Both the mR and the sT are connected to the primary cable modem/router.

Using my PC and/or my Android phone as the remote.

Advice and suggestions???

Thanks.

Typically these are network related problems. Try a different network cable and port on your rouder. I can always connect from remote and take a look. Email or call me if you still need help my contact information was in the box.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

Typically these are network related problems. Try a different network cable and port on your rouder. I can always connect from remote and take a look. Email or call me if you still need help my contact information was in the box.

Thanks, Andrew. I also sent you an email on the same topic, so please ignore that since it is now redundant. I will switch ports and cables and follow up with you if the issue persists.

Thanks again for all of your assistance!

• 3 weeks later...

My setup is Mac router > Sonictransporter > Microrendu > Chord Dave. All connections CAT6 cable and Audioquest Carbon USB cable to Dave. PCM works perfectly but on DSD I experience frequent dropouts. On DSD256 a lot, less on DSD64. What is the problem ? My music is on USB 3 HD 2 TB connected to Sonictransporter through USB 2 or USB 3 port. I use Roon on Sonictransporter.

Could it be that microrendu is not powerful enough for DOP causing dropouts ?

My setup is Mac router > Sonictransporter > Microrendu > Chord Dave. All connections CAT6 cable and Audioquest Carbon USB cable to Dave. PCM works perfectly but on DSD I experience frequent dropouts. On DSD256 a lot, less on DSD64. What is the problem ? My music is on USB 3 HD 2 TB connected to Sonictransporter through USB 2 or USB 3 port. I use Roon on Sonictransporter.

Could it be that microrendu is not powerful enough for DOP causing dropouts ?

If the SonicTransporter is not the I5 version , I would say that is where the bottleneck is .

Sonictransporter is a few months old. Don't know which version. How to check ?

The cheapest version is around 350 bucks the I5 is around 650 .

I had the cheapest version and sent it back because Roon audio playback was stuttering .

The I5 version works flawlessly . Very happy with it .The I5 has a lot more power.

How large is your library, the I5 is recommended for over 24,000 tracks otherwise the base unit should be ok. I would think the case would have the model number but the base unit is $375 and I5 $645 if you can remember what you paid.

I have about 17,000 tracks but the cheaper Sonictranporter kept cutting out using Roon and that was with 16/44 cd quality files

I have about 17,000 tracks but the cheaper Sonictranporter kept cutting out using Roon and that was with 16/44 cd quality files

My base unit works fine with my microRendu and Apple Extreme but only have 10k, but I was just quoting what their website says on the 24k. I think dropouts are often LAN system dependant though his sounds robust.

rogerdn

My µRendu plays DSD 256 no problem. Setup: Synology NAS running minimserver+bubble, Apple router, µRendu-Chord Mojo. This is running via DoP (PCM 705.6 "package") as well.

So the problem is not the µRendu.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...
The cheapest version is around 350 bucks the I5 is around 650 .

I had the cheapest version and sent it back because Roon audio playback was stuttering .

The I5 version works flawlessly . Very happy with it .The I5 has a lot more power.

Jesus, could I exchange my Sonictransporter with the I5 model by paying the price supplement and how to proceed ?

• 2 weeks later...

What you people think about multi room setup with ST i5 and Roon?

Not yet decided on my final speakers setup, but may go for 2 Devialet Phantom in one room and the new KEF LS 50 Active Speakers in another room. And maybe one more room will be added in the future (like the kitchen).

My idea would be to have a music only dedicated server such as the ST i5 with SSD.

But for each room I need a Roon end point to be connected to the speakers (or Devialet Dialog).

My question being would I be better off with the ST i5 Microrendu bundle for the main room, then Sonicorbiter for the other rooms or the the basic ST i5 with SO SE for each room/pair of speakers?

The ST i5 will as well be connected to a NAS fro proper back up.

The only thing missing in my setup is how to enjoy my headphones with Roon, by accessing the ST...Any suggestions?

Thanks

What you people think about multi room setup with ST i5 and Roon?

Not yet decided on my final speakers setup, but may go for 2 Devialet Phantom in one room and the new KEF LS 50 Active Speakers in another room. And maybe one more room will be added in the future (like the kitchen).

My idea would be to have a music only dedicated server such as the ST i5 with SSD.

But for each room I need a Roon end point to be connected to the speakers (or Devialet Dialog).

My question being would I be better off with the ST i5 Microrendu bundle for the main room, then Sonicorbiter for the other rooms or the the basic ST i5 with SO SE for each room/pair of speakers?

The ST i5 will as well be connected to a NAS fro proper back up.

The only thing missing in my setup is how to enjoy my headphones with Roon, by accessing the ST...Any suggestions?

Thanks

Any combination of sonicTransporter and endpoints should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help. I received my i5 sonicTransporter/MicroRendu package last week and was able to quickly get it going with Roon and Tidal (both devices powered by the JS-2).

My challenge is this: I have attached (to the sT) a 1TB music HD I used previously with my Aries, mounted the drive, but I am unable to see any of the 8000 or so tracks on this drive.

When I use a desktop PC on the same network I am able to see the drive on the sT, but not MY MUSIC. The default mount point in the sT GUI is \music\flac\usb. I can see this directory on my PC and if I put music in the directory it plays fine in Roon or DNLA.

I've looked at the online help but it speaks mostly to networked music and not local attached storage on the sT. I am not now creating a music directory. I want to be able to use one that I've developed over time.

How can I get the music that was put on the drive previously to be seen and to play?

Source: Intel i3 NUC/fanless/Euphony/Ext SSD) JS-2;

DAC: Mojo Mystique V2/Regen /LPS1.2;Curious USB

Preamp: Music First Audio passive V2/ Morrow cables

Amp: Sanders Electrostatic; Mapleshade power cable

Speakers: Magneplanar 1.7/Hsu vTF2 sub/Room 27x15'  

Misc: eR; extensive anti-vibration; 1.7's on Herbie's footers

I need some help. I received my i5 sonicTransporter/MicroRendu package last week and was able to quickly get it going with Roon and Tidal (both devices powered by the JS-2).

My challenge is this: I have attached (to the sT) a 1TB music HD I used previously with my Aries, mounted the drive, but I am unable to see any of the 8000 or so tracks on this drive.

When I use a desktop PC on the same network I am able to see the drive on the sT, but not MY MUSIC. The default mount point in the sT GUI is \music\flac\usb. I can see this directory on my PC and if I put music in the directory it plays fine in Roon or DNLA.

I've looked at the online help but it speaks mostly to networked music and not local attached storage on the sT. I am not now creating a music directory. I want to be able to use one that I've developed over time.

How can I get the music that was put on the drive previously to be seen and to play?

I had a similar problem when I got my ST but I'm not using attached drives rather a NAS, turned out I was not logged into the NAS, but guessing this might not apply to your attached drives.

rogerdn