IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Did the upgrade to 0.4.6 today, some problem at first and had to re-burn my SD card and still some problems with the upgrade in Eunhasu. Switched from Firefox to Chrome and Everything went very fast and Eunhasu is much faster. I am starting to belive that Firefox and SOtM/Eunhasu is a bad thing as I have had problems downloading firmwares from SOtM with Firefox. 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Upgraded also - took about 20 minutes but went well. all working in my system (see sig).

Main: 2x2TB Ext HDD/Mac Mini 2.3 GhZ core i5 + Uptone MMK & Teradak LPS/Roon/Ethernet LAN/Uptone Audio EtherRegenr/.5M Supra CAT8/SoTM sMs200-ULTRA NEO + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco MkII/Curious cable .2M/UpTone Audio ISORegen + SBooster Ultra/Curious cable .2M/Mutec MC3+USB/DH Labs Silver sonic D110 AES/Genelec 7370A+ 2 x 85351s running GLM 3.1 with wireless remote.

Office: 4TBHDD/MacBookPro/Audirvana /.25M AQvox USB/UpTone Audio ISORegen with SBooster Ultra/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon USB/Chord Hugo2/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon phono/Rogue Audio Sphinx 2/Anti-cables level 3/Elac Uni_Fi UB5's on Isoacoustics Apertas/Genelec 7050c Sub.

40 minutes ago, octaviars said:

Did the upgrade to 0.4.6 today, some problem at first and had to re-burn my SD card and still some problems with the upgrade in Eunhasu. Switched from Firefox to Chrome and Everything went very fast and Eunhasu is much faster. I am starting to belive that Firefox and SOtM/Eunhasu is a bad thing as I have had problems downloading firmwares from SOtM with Firefox. 

Can you please share the link where you found the download for the 4.6 as I can only find the upgrade link..... Thanks 

9 minutes ago, MGX-UK said:

Can you please share the link where you found the download for the 4.6 as I can only find the upgrade link..... Thanks 

I had problems with 4.59 downloading it a couple of weeks ago no 4.6 on the website yet only upgrade in Eunhasu right now.

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system

Quick question to all on the 100base-T setting

If I already have a switch that can toggle between 1000base and 100base - it is still necessary to change this setting in sms200 ultra?

Does the 100base-T setting in sms200 ultra do more than just a mere manipulation of Ethernet speed?

Just tried to help a fellow audiophile flash an image of the SOtM firmware using a Mac. I am pretty sure we followed standard procedure, and I am pretty sure the the SOtM instructions are complete shit. I have done this for a microRendu without any issues.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

2 hours ago, SYM said:

Quick question to all on the 100base-T setting

If I already have a switch that can toggle between 1000base and 100base - it is still necessary to change this setting in sms200 ultra?

Does the 100base-T setting in sms200 ultra do more than just a mere manipulation of Ethernet speed?

Here are the right SoTM settings. If you equipment is suitable for 100t. Neccesary is tha AutoNegiotion is switched off en rebooted once for the best result. Static Ip is advisable..

C082385F-AF36-40C4-8BCC-9C4A58358CBF.png

24 minutes ago, Tommd64 said:

Here are the right SoTM settings. If you equipment is suitable for 100t. Neccesary is tha AutoNegiotion is switched off en rebooted once for the best result. Static Ip is advisable..

Thanks Tom, 

Just to clarify - are you saying that it is advisable to have the 100Base-T settings on both sms200 and ethernet switch

My initial understanding is that - if the ethernet port is set at 100Base-T - then naturally signal following from there will be 100Base-T. Therefore I ask the question if the 100Base-T setting in sms200 is still relevant. 

1 hour ago, Tommd64 said:

If possible the sNH10g is. its advisable yes! At least you can try..

Thanks Tom

This version is flawless. Works great!!!

I set 100base-t on both sms200 and also on my ethernet switch. Works well :)

100base-T and V4.59 did not work for me : severe stuttering. V4.6 with 100base-T is now OK if I set auto-negotiation to ON! If auto-negotiation is OFF the stuttering comes back. Maybe my situation is special : the SOTM200 is connected to the 2nd ethernet port on my NUC, so is not part of my regular network. Jriver on my NUC does pick up the SOTM200 if it has a static IP-address.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

4 hours ago, Peter_T said:

100base-T en V4.59 werkten niet voor mij: hevig stotteren. V4.6 met 100base-T is nu in orde als ik automatisch onderhandelen op ON zet! Als automatisch onderhandelen UIT is, komt het stotteren terug. Misschien is mijn situatie bijzonder: de SOTM200 is verbonden met de tweede ethernetpoort op mijn NUC en maakt dus geen deel uit van mijn reguliere netwerk. Jriver op mijn NUC neemt de SOTM200 op als deze een statisch IP-adres heeft.

Perhaps things are different with J-River, i don.t know. My advise is based on Roon Rock with NUC. Than Auto Negotiation has to be in off position according to SoTM.

Has anyone got V0.4.6 working with 100BASE-T and HQPlayer?  Just wondering if this issue is fixed.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

5 hours ago, Tommd64 said:

Perhaps things are different with J-River, i don.t know. My advise is based on Roon Rock with NUC. Than Auto Negotiation has to be in off position according to SoTM.

The various possibilities are described succinctly on the SOtM home page. In particular, we see that only two settings are unusable, and both of those have auto nego off. There is no need to turn auto nego off in order to use Roon. In fact, I am using

1000BASE-T(1Gbps) [auto nego on] 100BASE-T(100Mbps) 100BASE-T(100Mbps)

with Roon, and everything works well and sounds great.

SOtM device Link Speed [Auto nego on/off] | Router device Link Speed | Final link speed
100BASE-T(100Mbps) [auto nego on] 100BASE-T(100Mbps) 100BASE-T(100Mbps)
100BASE-T(100Mbps) [auto nego off] 100BASE-T(100Mbps) 100BASE-T(100Mbps)
100BASE-T(100Mbps) [auto nego on] 1000BASE-T(1Gbps) 1000BASE-T(1Gbps)
100BASE-T(100Mbps) [auto nego off] 1000BASE-T(1Gbps) 
1000BASE-T(1Gbps) [auto nego on] 100BASE-T(100Mbps) 100BASE-T(100Mbps)
1000BASE-T(1Gbps) [auto nego off] 100BASE-T(100Mbps) 
1000BASE-T(1Gbps) [auto nego on] 1000BASE-T(1Gbps) 1000BASE-T(1Gbps)
1000BASE-T(1Gbps) [auto nego off] 1000BASE-T(1Gbps) 1000BASE-T(1Gbps)

13 minutes ago, PnL said:

Anybody have direct link to image of 4.60?

I cant upgrade from eunhasu.

Thanks!

SOtM still has 4.59 on their website. 

First time I did the upgrade to 4.6 in Eunhasu it got stuck but second time it went along well but it took longer than it usually do perhaps 20 minutes. 

Main system

Second system

Someone had a very good result using chrome, including my self. It's such a shame the sd card download for fresh install isn't available yet as there's nothing better than a good format and a fresh install.......... To me it always works best.... 

I had no problem upgrading to 0.4.6 in Safari on MacOS, perhaps you should buy a macbook ? ;) 

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

24 minutes ago, tedwoods said:

4.6 sounds really good. Actually, it sounds "what just happened?" good, with a great mid kick that makes everything come alive.

However, neither HQPlayer  nor Roon upsampling work with 100BASE-T in my set-up.

I think you may need more buffer I use.     . 40