IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Hello guys,

just made the update to 0.4.55. Roon works, but I cannot play DSD 256 or 512 anymore, even though it is setup correctly x512 in the SMS-200. In Roon Core actually my device shows only DSD 64 or 128 as possibilities now.  It was working fine on 0.4.54.

Also my restart button does not work anymore.

What about you?

2 hours ago, littlewhitedog said:

Hello guys,

just made the update to 0.4.55. Roon works, but I cannot play DSD 256 or 512 anymore, even though it is setup correctly x512 in the SMS-200. In Roon Core actually my device shows only DSD 64 or 128 as possibilities now.  It was working fine on 0.4.54.

Also my restart button does not work anymore.

What about you?

Is your dsd setting in roon ready no longer set to native?

I hv the 4.5.0, 4.5.1 on separate microsd as well as the original 4.2.2

Swapping OS for SQ comparisons!!

Like I hv 3 different OS SSDs

Win 10  Pro

WinServer 2016 Data Exchange Core/AO 2.2/Fidelizer 8.3 Pro

Winserver 2019 Standard Core/AO 3.0 beta

Going to add a fourth AL lxqt /RoonServer soon!!

NAA -3 versions 

Win 10  Pro

Jussi's linux bootable NAA

AL Ramroot/Extreme 2/NAA/Roon endpoint

😎👍

Happy Listening to All !!Fun Days ahead!

Everything was working well for me with 4.55. After updating to 4.56, I can't use my older 24/96 DAC. Both sms-200 and DAC show they are communicating, but won't play. 

Eunhasu "System Reboot" button doesn't work. I haven't been able to set a Static IP since the 4.5 update. How many hours until 4.57? Frustrating!

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

11 hours ago, audiobomber said:

Everything was working well for me with 4.55. After updating to 4.56, I can't use my older 24/96 DAC. Both sms-200 and DAC show they are communicating, but won't play. 

Eunhasu "System Reboot" button doesn't work. I haven't been able to set a Static IP since the 4.5 update. How many hours until 4.57? Frustrating!

I got my DAC sorted, just needed a factory reset. No change in the rest, but no biggie, at least I'm able to play my music.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

8 minutes ago, SYM said:

Anyone getting the constant blinking light problem on 4.56?

Yep mine does that to, have not tried to get rid of that as it comes back.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I have upgraded to V0.4.56.  No issues for me, although Eunhasu is still a little slow in responding, but then again, it always has been.

One thing I find is that if my PC is running and has Eunhasu open in a web browser somewhere, I get the blinking light even if I am not playing music.  Shut down Eunhasu, and so far I have no blinking light.  Maybe I have just been lucky? 

A very minor issue I know, but I am not keen on the new background to Eunhasu.  It looks a little post-nuclear war apocalypse to me....

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

3 hours ago, Confused said:

I have upgraded to V0.4.56.  No issues for me, although Eunhasu is still a little slow in responding, but then again, it always has been.

One thing I find is that if my PC is running and has Eunhasu open in a web browser somewhere, I get the blinking light even if I am not playing music.  Shut down Eunhasu, and so far I have no blinking light.  Maybe I have just been lucky? 

A very minor issue I know, but I am not keen on the new background to Eunhasu.  It looks a little post-nuclear war apocalypse to me....

How are you finding the SQ with 0.4.56?

2 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

How are you finding the SQ with 0.4.56?

Although the question is not directed to me let me give you my findings 😀 SoTM has clearly worked on the sound quality. I'm using the Roon bridge now because HQplayer is getting on my nerves. The Roon bridge sounds wonderful to me. It has improved to the point I'm starting to wonder if HQplayer can still make it better. The SoTM developers are not sitting and waiting till the competition surpasses them.

11 hours ago, octaviars said:

Yep mine does that to, have not tried to get rid of that as it comes back.

SQ is good in this release - very happy with that. Squeezelite is still problematic though. If the constant blinking means the player is always in an overdrive mode - then I am abit concern that overtime this may cause damage. This concern may be unwarranted - will someone with technical know how provide his/her views on this matter? Thanks

just burned 4.56 onto a sd card . all good so far . the only small issue i find is that when i turn the volume up on M.A.L.P ( mpd android app ) it has a 4 second delay .. up or down . it never did before .

i did change the settings inside mpd to my old ones but the values weren't recognized so i changed them back to the new presets .. maybe i got them wrong ?  it might be a bug ? anyone else notice this ?