IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

2 hours ago, octaviars said:

I have played with 4.5 for an hour now with PCM/DSD/MQA material without any problem at all.
I changed buffer in Eunhasu Roon settings to 0.2 and re-sync to 0.05

Downloaded the image with Firefox and burnt it to a 16GB class 10 SD card.

Was it skipping before you changed the buffer and the re-sync settings?

Just upgraded to Eunhasu ver. 0.4.5 on my SOtM music server (sMS-1000SQ Eunhasu running Roon) and everything is fine - no pops, static etc and although I haven't listened to my system for a few days, I think there is a definite improvement - music seems clearer, "blacker" blacks.☺️

5 hours ago, aslg said:

Was it skipping before you changed the buffer and the re-sync settings?

I did not try it without these settings as I changed them before I started to listen. 

I played for two hours straight with all sorts of samplerates and not a single problem. 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I'm now on 0.4.4 and get occasional stuttering when playing back using MPD not had this on my previous firmware, this is horrible, had to revert back to my other streamer no problems there. What a mess seeing all the earlier comments re 0.4.5 firmware update, this reminds me of the latest Windows 10 1809 updates which created havoc with me and others, can't these companies get it right in the first place, why are the consumers the guinea pigs.

I've just reverted back to the 4.22 version and it's working fine.

I noticed though that previously I'd been using an 8gb card and the file size for 4.5 is just shy of 8gb, I'm wondering if that's been the issue. I'm going to redo 4.5 onto this 16gb card I'm testing 4.22 on just now and see if that's been the problem.

2 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

I noticed though that previously I'd been using an 8gb card and the file size for 4.5 is just shy of 8gb, I'm wondering if that's been the issue. I'm going to redo 4.5 onto this 16gb card I'm testing 4.22 on just now and see if that's been the problem.

I've been using a 16gb card for this upgrade and have had the skipping/stuttering with Squeezelite on both releases of 4.5. Currently back on 4.22 and waiting.

I burned the 4.5 image to my 16gb SD, started it up (I use Roon) and it immediately started skipping, not cool!! It’s been so stable in my current config (SoTM -> EITR-> Metrum Onyx) for so long too... Seemingly random (only running 44.kHz flac files, no oversampling or filtering) so it would be hard to troubleshoot. May! Help!

Did everyone follow the upgrade instructions on the SOtM website ? https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/new-eunhasu-fw-ver-0-4-5-is-now-available/

They have very specific recommendations to ensure the upgrade process goes smoothly, which could explain why some of you experienced bugs ?

Also, I am wondering why most of you copy a new image on an SD card whereas one can simply launch the upgrade from the Eunhasus interface...what is the advantage of doing an image ?

Thanks

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

When you say upgrade from the Eunhasus interface can you explain exactly what you mean as I tried to upgrade mine from this interface several times all with the same results with the download bar quickly reaching 2 or 3% then stopping for over an hour  I let this continue and still no progress and looking at the Windows Taskbar Network activity there was no send or receive happening just zero. I've download the image which took only minutes through my download manager programIs there a way apart from using the usbimage program SOTM suggest directly from my computer and using the Eunhasus interface to access it and carry out the upgrade from here?

1 hour ago, guillaume31 said:

Also, I am wondering why most of you copy a new image on an SD card whereas one can simply launch the upgrade from the Eunhasus interface...what is the advantage of doing an image ?

Thanks

For me it is like this.

Number one: The upgrade from the web GUI can take for ever to do and sometimes it gets stuck. You have to in this case go from 4.22 to 4.4 to 4.5 if you put a new image on the SD card you can go directly to the newest one.

Number two: I have two SD cards so I burn the new image to a spare one and so I have a working copy of the old firmware if the new one is faulty.

Download the image and burn the image on the SD card takes perhaps 20min compared to as SOtM says a couple of hours to do it from the GUI when the Kernal needs to upgrade.

I use 4.5 now with Roon and played for 6h yeasterday without any problem

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system

I am already on 4.4  so can update to 4.5 without any interim download. The problem I have at present is that the SOTM usbimage suggested program doesn't work for me as I have no usb to micro sd card adapter and this program will not identify any sd card loaded from say a sd card in a card slot on the computer so this program is out for me at present. As I previously mentioned I can't see why you can't just use a sd card slot as they are on most laptops. I've tried using Win32 disk imager which sees the card fine  and a 32gb spare card but the browser doesn't see the Eunhasus page with the new card inserted, perhaps I need to start this setup from square one which may help.

10 minutes ago, Tannoymike said:

The problem I have at present is that the SOTM usbimage suggested program doesn't work for me as I have no usb to micro sd card adapter and this program will not identify any sd card loaded from say a sd card in a card slot on the computer so this program is out for me at present.

I use the SD card reader in my computer with USBimage no external card reader.

Main system

Second system

According to to the usbimage details on its web site it doesn't show any non usb connected drives as a precaution so I don't know how this happens on yours apart from perhaps if its say a desktop that the reader is actually connected internally via a usb connection. Perhaps I will try my other laptop and use its inbuilt card slot and see if that works.

1 hour ago, Tannoymike said:

According to to the usbimage details on its web site it doesn't show any non usb connected drives as a precaution so I don't know how this happens on yours apart from perhaps if its say a desktop that the reader is actually connected internally via a usb connection.

Well I do use a desktop and the reader is connected internally to a USB connection so that is why it works for me.

The thing I really cant understand is that 4.5 works ok for some and dont work for others using Roon for example.

Main system

Second system

This morning I tried to burn 0.4.5 to an 8GB SD card, the image was 7.7GB and too large for the available space on the 8GB card.  For those that have an 8GB micro SD card in their sMS-200 (I believe 8GB is supplied as standard?), maybe this is causing some of the update issues?

Another minor point, when I went into the Eunhasu system upgrade area I noticed that I was running 0.4.17, so I was a few updates behind anyway.  OK - It is easy enough to check, but why don't SOtM provide some kind of notification of when updates are available?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

7 minutes ago, Confused said:

This morning I tried to burn 0.4.5 to an 8GB SD card, the image was 7.7GB and too large for the available space on the 8GB card.  For those that have an 8GB micro SD card in their sMS-200 (I believe 8GB is supplied as standard?), maybe this is causing some of the update issues?

Another minor point, when I went into the Eunhasu system upgrade area I noticed that I was running 0.4.17, so I was a few updates behind anyway.  OK - It is easy enough to check, but why don't SOtM provide some kind of notification of when updates are available?

It's been tried on a 16gb card too and still glitching issues on Squeezelite setting.