IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

duplicate

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

1 hour ago, mirekti said:

It would be great if Uptone came out with dedicated sms-200 board. In fact, there's enough space in the sms-200 case to keep it all in one case.

As of now, I guess one could put two LPS-1 in series and make it work.

I'm not sure what you are asking?

If you want to use the LPS-1 with the sMS-200, a single LPS-1 set to 7V powers it just fine. Many of us are using it that way.

8 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I'm not sure what you are asking?

If I got it right sms-200 works with dual voltage i.e. it has a DC-DC regulator inside so if one removes this regulator and inserts custom LPS board, the board has have two fixed DC outputs. This is just my imaginary Uptone board.  

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

8 minutes ago, mirekti said:

If I got it right sms-200 works with dual voltage i.e. it has a DC-DC regulator inside so if one removes this regulator and inserts custom LPS board, the board has have two fixed DC outputs. This is just my imaginary Uptone board.  

Why do you want to bypass this regulator? I guess SOTM has put there a good regulator, not all regulators are bad. 

I use a sms 200 with a uptone LPS 1 and the result is very good. 

Just now, Nouchka said:

Why do you want to bypass this regulator? I guess SOTM has put there a good regulator, not all regulators are bad 

Not necessarily I want to bypass it, but I would like to have it all in one box so one would need to remove SOTM's regulator to put LPS inside. Ah, never mind, just an idea.  

23 minutes ago, MayfromSOtM said:

I will check it with our engineer team and get back to you!

Thank you!

Hi May,

I can only find small bits and pieces about the SMS-200 Ultra on this forum.

Is there some information about the changes and upgrades and improvements from the standard SMS-200?

And when it will be available and price?

Thanks again

2 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

I will check it with our engineer team and get back to you!

Thank you!

Thank you.  In particular I am interested in playing native DSD through my Singxer SU-1.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

7 hours ago, gionaz said:

hi folks, but it's possible to turn on the sms200 by the url http://eunhasu/index.php#   ????

the sms200 don't have a power button ! :(

it's intended to be left on all of the time -- it uses very little electricity so cost of leaving on is minimal.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
14 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi May,

I can only find small bits and pieces about the SMS-200 Ultra on this forum.

Is there some information about the changes and upgrades and improvements from the standard SMS-200?

And when it will be available and price?

Thanks again

The U.S. Distributor in response to my inquiry sent me an email last week stating that the 200Ultra will have the sCLK-EX clock upgrade. The release date has not been announced. The TX-USBUltra which is a USB regenerator should be released by the end of the month.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

3 hours ago, gionaz said:

SMS-200 Ultra ? WOW

i sell my sms200 now ! :-)

i think to sell also the Uptone JS2 power supply...

The JS2 would be a great way to power the sMS-200 Ultra.  The JS2 can supply plenty of current and my sMS-200 Ultra sounds especially good at 12V.

1 minute ago, romaz said:

Not officially but I have one, nonetheless. 

Does it look the same? :)

Mine is a prototype of sorts.  It has the new sCLK-EX but my sMS-200 is housed in the original chassis.  Since the clock board is larger, I have it housed in a separate chassis.  Not ideal but it was the only way.  The official Ultra version will have a new larger chassis to accommodate everything into one chassis and will be more attractive than my setup.  My guess is that it will look like the tX-USB Ultra but I don't know that for a fact.  What I will say is that the upgrade will very much be worthwhile.

On 28/03/2017 at 8:35 AM, romaz said:

Mine is a prototype of sorts.  It has the new sCLK-EX but my sMS-200 is housed in the original chassis.  Since the clock board is larger, I have it housed in a separate chassis.  Not ideal but it was the only way.  The official Ultra version will have a new larger chassis to accommodate everything into one chassis and will be more attractive than my setup.  My guess is that it will look like the tX-USB Ultra but I don't know that for a fact.  What I will say is that the upgrade will very much be worthwhile.

Hi Romaz, in addition to the new clock,  what are the other changes to the board of your prototype? 

15 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi Romaz, in addition to the new clock,  what are the other changes to the board of your prototype? 

It's just the clock that has changed (the sMS-200 has 2 clocks and both have been upgraded).  This is, however, quite a big deal.

6 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Nice. This is for further jitter reduction yes?

Yes.  Better time precision, better detail clarity, more open soundstage with better depth.  The stock clock was already quite good so it's saying a lot to say this new clock is better.  Amazingly so.  Just for kicks, I also have the new dX-USB HD Ultra (USB-to-SPDIF converter) following the sMS-200 Ultra and this converter also has the new clock and the improvement continues.

2 minutes ago, romaz said:

Yes.  Better time precision, better detail clarity, more open soundstage with better depth.  The stock clock was already quite good so it's saying a lot to say this new clock is better.  Amazingly so.  Just for kicks, I also have the new dX-USB HD Ultra (USB-to-SPDIF converter) following the sMS-200 Ultra and this converter also has the new clock and the improvement continues.

Excellent, what Dac have you been testing the prototypes with, just out of interest?