IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Hi there,Do you know how I can listen to internet radio with SMS-200 in MPD/DLNA mode, using MinimServert? I have a cue file in my MinimServer library that contains information on internet radio, but that doesn't works.Do I have to use another mode than MPD / DLNA? (like squeezebox for example?)I'm very happy with MPD & DLNA mode and would like to continue to work with it if possible.Cheers ;-)

Hi Nouchka, I use internetradio via BubbleDS. There you have to install XiliaLive on your ControlPoint, furthermore you have to activate checkbox in BubbleDS (Prefs submenu 'Radio'). In XiliaLive you can choose radiostations, and BubbleDS will start playing radiostation via sMS-200 and store radiostation in playlist.

Advanced level ;-) : If you like, you can extract playlist files from your android device (Internal/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleds2/files/playlists/...) open via editor and add/edit stations.

So I did sucessfully and created my own set of radiostations. In BubbleDS I can select my playlist called 'Radio' and choose my stations. Works perfect for me.

Hi there,Do you know how I can listen to internet radio with SMS-200 in MPD/DLNA mode, using MinimServert? I have a cue file in my MinimServer library that contains information on internet radio, but that doesn't works.Do I have to use another mode than MPD / DLNA? (like squeezebox for example?)I'm very happy with MPD & DLNA mode and would like to continue to work with it if possible.Cheers ;-)
Don't have an smS-200, but I do know that MinimServer does not support cue files, let alone one with internet radio information. MinimServer does provide support for internet radio, but you have to list the internet radio stations in a .m3u playlist file, using a specific format depending on how you require MinimServer to handle the internet radio streams. If the smS-200 cannot for some reason play the internet radio station directly from its original URL, you have the option with MinimServer's MinimStreamer module to handle extracting the audio stream from the URL for it, even transcode to a different audio file format if required.

Further information can be found on the MinimStreamer User Guide:

User guide

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Can anyone help please. I want to upgrade the Ethernet port on my SMS-200 from 100m to 1G. Yes I've checked the serial number and it is definitely an early one that needs upgrading. I have 2 problems. I cannot download the image 20160810-RC1.bin, it just goes to a blank error page. I have tried Safari and google chrome. 2nd problem, imageUSB is a windows app only and I only have access to Apple machines.

Can anyone help please. I want to upgrade the Ethernet port on my SMS-200 from 100m to 1G. Yes I've checked the serial number and it is definitely an early one that needs upgrading. I have 2 problems. I cannot download the image 20160810-RC1.bin, it just goes to a blank error page. I have tried Safari and google chrome. 2nd problem, imageUSB is a windows app only and I only have access to Apple machines.

Sorry, while waiting for an answer, could you tell me how to check if the unit needs upgrade?

I experienced a few interruptions during the streaming and I suspect it might be due to this reason.

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew what deals you get for Roon subscriptions when you buy the SOtM-sMS200 in the Uk?

I know it comes with a 60 day trial of Roon and a discount on 1 year sub but just curious to know if they also do a discount on the Lifetime sub.

Mike.

Hi Fujak, Glad to see you here :)

Are you using a Mutec MC-3+USB at the output of the SOtM smS-200 ?

Hi Swissbear, what a suprise :). I use the Intona Isolator (industial version) followed by an AFI-USB (Acousence), which works quite better for me (have a look to my profile -> setup).

Hi Swissbear, what a suprise :). I use the Intona Isolator (industial version) followed by an AFI-USB (Acousence), which works quite better for me (have a look to my profile -> setup).

So you switched to Ralf's hardware. Good choice IMHO ;)

I have kept a very good impression from my tests of this piece of equipment. Congratulations !

What is surprising though is the need you felt to have an Intona before the Acousence, which is superbly equipped in terms of galvanic isolation. Any comment on this ?

Ciao Giuseppe,

It is up gradable, please check here.

sMS-200 – SOtM – English

Ciao May,

My name is Giuseppe, but I'm not sure you are answering to me :) ... so I rephrase to be sure.

As you know, Tital support for SMS200 is available through Roon or using external Bubble software and SMS200 in "MPD & DLNA mode".

The question is: are you planning to provide full Tital support without using additional software like Bubble Server or Roon?

I know that SMS200 is upgradable, what I don't know is if you have plan to release this change in the future.

Thanks and regards,

Giuseppe

What is surprising though is the need you felt to have an Intona before the Acousence, which is superbly equipped in terms of galvanic isolation. Any comment on this ?

In short (not to go to far OT): although the construction of AFI-USB itself is a good galvanic isolator (and of course reclocker) the USB receiver unit of AFI-USB isn't because of its powering via SOtM sMS-200. So another USB-Isolator between sMS-200 and USB-receiver unit of the AFI-USB improves SQ a further (little) step.

Ciao May,

My name is Giuseppe, but I'm not sure you are answering to me :) ... so I rephrase to be sure.

As you know, Tital support for SMS200 is available through Roon or using external Bubble software and SMS200 in "MPD & DLNA mode".

The question is: are you planning to provide full Tital support without using additional software like Bubble Server or Roon?

I know that SMS200 is upgradable, what I don't know is if you have plan to release this change in the future.

Thanks and regards,

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe, nice to know you through this chance :)

Tidal is also available through Squeezelite function on sMS-200 by using ickStream plugin, please check here.

http://www.sotm-audio.com/files/Advanced/sMS-200/ickStream%20App%20installation%20on%20LMS.pdf?a241e7

Right now, we don't have a plan to add the software for Tidal to sMS-200, but we could consider adding the software if it is necessarily needed without using additional software integration, can I ask what special reason you would like to add the software for Tidal??

Thank you!

Best regards, MAy

Hi :)

MQA is handled by DAC side, and sMS-200 is a network player. so what I can say right now is sMS-200 doesn't support MQA, but we are looking into this combination, I can't tell or share the exact plan for this combination right now, but hopefully I would update something great news in near future.

Thank you!

Hi, recently I just sold my Aries Mini and bought the SMS-200. I notice that the sound of the unit is rather sub-par when compared with the Mini. I have already upgraded the power supply to using the Sbooster (9V), so I don’t think that’s the issue. I hope I have not made the wrong decision by moving over from the mini.

Not sure if the play back software is the cause. Im using the Logitec Media Server, with iPeng9 on my iPad as remote control. The music files are on a USB SSD. Is this a good connection option?

Notice from previous postings that a lot of you seems to be using the MPD option. Is this

recommended? I tried using MPad but notice that the user-interface does not

display my albums correctly and also there seem to be no way to disable the software

volume control. This will also affect the sound quality, I presume. Have not evaluated if this sounds good as Im frustrated with the UI

Appreciate your advice and suggestions on better options. I would like to still use my ipad as the remote and files are still stored on the USB drive. Thanks

Hi, recently I just sold my Aries Mini and bought the SMS-200. I notice that the sound of the unit is rather sub-par when compared with the Mini. I have already upgraded the power supply to using the Sbooster (9V), so I don’t think that’s the issue. I hope I have not made the wrong decision by moving over from the mini.

Not sure if the play back software is the cause. Im using the Logitec Media Server, with iPeng9 on my iPad as remote control. The music files are on a USB SSD. Is this a good connection option?

Notice from previous postings that a lot of you seems to be using the MPD option. Is this

display my albums correctly and also there seem to be no way to disable the software

volume control. This will also affect the sound quality, I presume. Have not evaluated if this sounds good as Im frustrated with the UI

Appreciate your advice and suggestions on better options. I would like to still use my ipad as the remote and files are still stored on the USB drive. Thanks

Hi, my name is May and I'm working for SOtM. Have you tried using Roon ready on sMS-200? and do you have NAS in your system? these 2 points would change sounds better.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

Here are my observations in my system.

Playback from storage connected directly to the sMS-200 doesn't sound good, regardless of whether it's SSD, HD, thumbdrive, etc. Good detail but no body -- it just sounds thin and not to my liking at all. It's not clear from your post if this is how you've connected your USB SSD.

This could be system dependent but LMS, especially with iPeng didn't sound very good in my system. Same thing with MPD. I own HQPlayer and have tried it but with my Chord DAVE DAC and the sMS-200 and unfortunately, HQPlayer doesn't add anything (actually sounds a bit worse). Roon is where I get my best SQ and I expect the soon to be released Roon 1.3 will sound even better.

I used to own the full Aries with femto clock and LPS option and what I am getting from my sMS-200 connected to my Paul Hynes SR7 is way better. The SBooster should be excellent also.

If you have the option to move to a Mac Mini or Windows PC server (nothing fancy necessary) that you can attach 2 ethernet ports to, you would have the option of directly connecting the server to the sMS-200 with a single ethernet cable and this should significantly elevate your SQ.

Hi, my name is May and I'm working for SOtM. Have you tried using Roon ready on sMS-200? and do you have NAS in your system? these 2 points would change sounds better.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

Hi May, I do have a NAS. A WD MyBook. Will it be possible to connect this directly to the SMS-200, bypassing the router?

I have not tried ROON.

Good to hear that, yes, you can add NAS on Eunhasu-> Syste Setup-> Library config and then you are able to play music file on NAS direcly, it will help you to bring the better sound quality than using the external USB storage device. and also use Roon Ready as a player To use Roon ready on sMS-200, you will need to have Roon server in your network.

Hi May, I do have a NAS. A WD MyBook. Will it be possible to connect this directly to the SMS-200, bypassing the router?

I have not tried ROON.

Romaz.. Yes The connection of the SSD to one of the USB ports behind the unit

I am not very fluent in using audiophile terms to describe what I've heard. But from what I'm reading, you nail it. Vocals are thin and seem to lack body. And yes you right, details are good.

Im not very networking inclined but per my reply to May, will I be able to connect my WD mybook directly to the SMS-200? Not sure if I want to buy any PC.

Besides Roon, is there any other players that will work with the architecture your suggested?

Good to hear that, yes, you can add NAS on Eunhasu-> Syste Setup-> Library config and then you are able to play music file on NAS direcly, it will help you to bring the better sound quality than using the external USB storage device. and also use Roon Ready as a player To use Roon ready on sMS-200, you will need to have Roon server in your network.

Hi May, Thank you for your fast response. Beside going thru thru the Roon route.. are there any other player solution that you recommend? From what Im reading, I don't think I can install Roon directly on the WD NAS.. Is it correct?

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

Dear May,

I have not tried to run Roon Ready on SMS200, because i haven't got the Roon server on my network. So far i have played with LMS and MPD, and the SQ seems to be different respectively. As you said that Roon can bring the best SQ on SMS200. Is it true? Plz give more recommendation to bring the best SQ on SMS200. Thanks.