IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Hi,rrwwss52, my name is May and I'm working for SOtM, I think I will need to add some comment on your concerns. Since all our product line up have been distributed by our official distributor and dealers world widely, so you won't need to worry for the warrnty or any support in US as well, sMS-200 will be also distributed and sold by our official US distributor and dealers, which means you can get support in your local, this is how we work and how we've been working with other countries as well.

If you need any other questions or query, you can email me directly : [email protected]

Thank you very much.

www.sotm-audio.com

Hi May,

it would be good if SoTM can talk a little bit more on the hardware and software details. What kind of h/w would it have and what are the benefits ? Little bit more on the processor and board details would be helpful as it will help the end user to determine what kind of processing and bandwidth capability is possible. Is the USB output interface galvanically isolated ? Any shielding on the ethernet interface ? And similar things like that…

Just for reference, the Sonore folks has done an incredible job in explaining these details to the extent possible for their uRendu product. It would be good to see similar things for sMS-200 as well.

Take a look here

Computer Audiophile - Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

Also, any plans to get it reviewed from Chris as well ?

Valid request. But no reply...

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

Valid request. But no reply...

It's been 3 whole days. Patience, they may still respond.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

It's been 3 whole days. Patience, they may still respond.

True. But hope they are way faster at responding on the product support side of things. You know, like the 'other' company.

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

True. But hope they are way faster at responding on the product support side of things. You know, like the 'other' company.

She did tell Dev to mail any further questions to the SOtM marketing e-mail address. So, perhaps we're not so good at reading as we think...

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Good point. Sometimes I forget that not all product support happens in plain view of thousands of forumers. Social media has really spoiled us.

Well I guess a bit of patience is required.

After all it's a new product unable to keep up with apparent demand. Good luck to them.

It seems to be what I'm after so, pending further information, I guess I'll go and listen to a few tracks on my current system while I wait!

Hi,rrwwss52, my name is May and I'm working for SOtM, I think I will need to add some comment on your concerns. Since all our product line up have been distributed by our official distributor and dealers world widely, so you won't need to worry for the warrnty or any support in US as well, sMS-200 will be also distributed and sold by our official US distributor and dealers, which means you can get support in your local, this is how we work and how we've been working with other countries as well.

If you need any other questions or query, you can email me directly : [email protected]

Thank you very much.

www.sotm-audio.com

Thanks for providing the additional info. Best wishes on a successful product release.

There aren't many active discussions about their products on CA so maybe they pop in only once in a while. That said, the longer they take the more likely someone will stop holding out and go for something already available.

There aren't many active discussions about their products on CA so maybe they pop in only once in a while. That said, the longer they take the more likely someone will stop holding out and go for something already available.

+1

Even my patience is not infinite!

Hi May,

it would be good if SoTM can talk a little bit more on the hardware and software details. What kind of h/w would it have and what are the benefits ? Little bit more on the processor and board details would be helpful as it will help the end user to determine what kind of processing and bandwidth capability is possible. Is the USB output interface galvanically isolated ? Any shielding on the ethernet interface ? And similar things like that…

Just for reference, the Sonore folks has done an incredible job in explaining these details to the extent possible for their uRendu product. It would be good to see similar things for sMS-200 as well.

Take a look here

Computer Audiophile - Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

Also, any plans to get it reviewed from Chris as well ?

It would nice to hear more about this product.

yes, I would prefer that as well but I am not Sotm :-)

SOtM have already stated to contact them via e-mail if we have further queastions. See May's last response.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

I think not all companies realise the influence that internet communities have on their customers buying decisions.

SOtM have already stated to contact them via e-mail if we have further queastions. See May's last response.

I know what they said well before I posted but I am not interested in personal communication. There are many folks, if not all, who are interested in these kind of details and its worth for the benefit of those. I have no problems whatsoever if they don’t choose to reply. As I said, not many of them would like to discuss these details or maybe we are spoiled by how companies like Uptone/Sonore approach speaking about their tech details.

I think not all companies realise the influence that internet communities have on their customers buying decisions.

This is so true. Most high end companies have no idea how to work with communities to benefit both the community and sales figures.

I wonder what the Sonore uRendu sales figures would be without the threads in the CA community.....(?)

Sonore understands how to use the power of a community to benefit both consumers and itself. It's really a win-win.

On another level is Schiit Audio. That company is successful beyond many companies' wildest dreams. Schiit has used online communities better than any audio company I've ever seen.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On another level is Schiit Audio. That company is successful beyond many companies' wildest dreams. Schiit has used online communities better than any audio company I've ever seen.

+1. So very true.

This is so true. Most high end companies have no idea how to work with communities to benefit both the community and sales figures.

Sonore understands how to use the power of a community to benefit both consumers and itself. It's really a win-win.

Just about every hifi brand and product I got to know in the last few years were learned through forums and internet reviewers. Never relied on a single ad or a salesman to decide what to buy. Even a 40 year old vintage amp I recently acquired was discovered through an online community. So it's not just relevant for fancy new high tech brands.

I know what they said well before I posted but I am not interested in personal communication. There are many folks, if not all, who are interested in these kind of details and its worth for the benefit of those. I have no problems whatsoever if they don’t choose to reply. As I said, not many of them would like to discuss these details or maybe we are spoiled by how companies like Uptone/Sonore approach speaking about their tech details.

You, or someone else, could send them an e-mail and invite them back to the thread? They obviously don't monitor the thread any more.