IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Hello,

I have a SMS-200 and I just updated to v.4.59 from v 4.51.
I tried the 100Base T setting and the sound improvement is very good over the 1000Base T option.
However I do have an issue:

I Use Roon Core on a macbook connected via wifi (5G) to the SoTM SMS-200. In this configuration the 100Base T setting is not useable, even increasing buffer there are continuous drop outs, especially with 24 bit streaming.

If I connect the Macbook via ethernet to the SMS-200 I can use the 100 Base T setting without issues.

Could you please advise how to solve this for the wifi configuration? It is a much more convenient set up for me.

Also, Is there a way to share this with SOtM staff?

Thank you

thanks to all. I sent a PM to May.. let's see. I do hope that 100BASE T option is stabilized because the sound quality is excellent! I understand it's a ethernet option but hopefully it will be possible to implement something comparable for wifi..

• 8 months later...

Hello, guys your help would be appreciated...

My Sotm sMS-200 doesn't recognize the hard disk connected via USB (MPD), I also tried with a USB stick.

In the Library configuration page I chose:

- Network Library Config: "Remove"

-Local Library config: Automatic USB storage mount "ON", Sync Mode "OFF", Samba "ON".

Any idea of which parameter I should change?

thanks!

Hi Stefano, thanks.

Yes I connected the hard disk to the USB1 plug (not audio USB). My issue is that when I try to save and close the Library configuration page it keeps thinking and it doesn't close.

Checking on my mac Finder I see Eunhasu with the two USB1 and USB2 folders with a red round sign (like street sign no access).

Btw, do you tick Samba like I explained above or not in your system?

thanks!

thank you to both Stefano and ClothEars! It seems that the usual way indicated by ClothEars doesn't work for me but I will try switching USB ports and wait. I will also try Minim tonight and report back as soon as I make progress. Fingers crossed ;)