IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Hello!
Yesterday I tried to update, on the main page of Eunhasu I see a yellow arrow under the System Setup icon, happy to go inside, and there are no any updates. Post on SOTM's site now - "Eunhasu FW ver.4.57 will be updated soon!". Removed for refinement?

Installed update 4.57. I switched the network to 100Base-T mode - in Task Manager in W10, you can see that the transfer of information to SMS-200 occurs more smoothly than at 1000Base-T. I can see it well - SMS-200 is connected to a separate network board. And the sound has become even smoother, more analog. Perhaps filling and using the memory buffer in the SMS-200 proceeds more smoothly. But I have not tried to compare with 1000Base-T in the same version 4.57, perhaps it is something else.. ;)

1 hour ago, marc b said:

я записал SD-карту с 4.58, произвел настройку на Wi-Fi (она работала!), Установил и установил плагин Qobuz и быстро прослушал. Мммм, это звучит по-другому. Немного более детализировано на низких объемах. Менее резкое и более голографическое представление. Больше тембров в голосах и несколько инстументов. Это были первые вещи, которые пришли мне в голову. Я не прочитал все ваши комментарии по поводу изменения звука, поэтому я сделаю это после того, как у меня сложится впечатление. Пока что я счастлив.

1000BASE-T or 100BASE-T?

SOtM should reorganize the work on the release of new firmware versions - it seems that the software is being tested before release is not enough.

Reinstalling and returning back takes a lot of time (we are not damn listeners, but happy testers?), but I can’t try 4.59 now - the yellow arrow is on me again, and there is no update inside. Here I see only 4.58. Someone wants me to skip this version :)

I tried 4.59 - the problem in Roon is repeated exactly as at 4.58, with the difference that at 4.58 it did not reach the sound at all, and at 4.59 five seconds after the start of the file, the sound is starts and broken after a moment and then an error message pops up again, here it is: "An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem." At the same time, the network is constantly used, 4.58 more, 4.59 less.

Will go to 4.57 again...

Having a second SD card is a good idea, I liked that too.

There are suspicions that different kernel settings are required for different groups of players. If so, then you need to release the firmware separately for such groups of players, so that everyone can get the maximum SQ?
Or perhaps there are hardware differences between SMS-200?

3 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

@ronfint How are the Eunhasu response and blinking light issues with the latest releases?  Tried NAA.  Unfortunately, 4.5.7 isn’t available on the download page, only 4.22 and 4.58.  Interesting.

Yes. Very interesting. One of realy stable version and not available...

About second SD card. I created new image from main SD card with 0.4.57 after setup my settings by imageUSB tool for burning FW image to SD card - see option in "step 2" - "Create image from USB drive". Becouse every time when I need return to 0.4.57 I must reconect my sms-200 from PC discret net-card to router and again to PC discret net-card and setup settings. May be it save your time too.

Is there anyone who uses Roon with 4.59 (or 4.58) and has no problems? Please describe in detail your sms-200 system settings and RoonReady settings. It will also be interesting how your network is organized and, possibly, the settings in Roon Server, if they differ from the standard ones. Thanks!

I changed the network settings of that network adapter to which sms-200 is connected - removed all unnecessary, left only TCP / IPv4, checked the sound output on these settings - everything works fine, after that I tried to update the firmware to 4.59 on the second SD card - I did not succeed even with the help of a special command: "http: // <your Eunhasu ip address> /exec.php?cmd=sudo echo -e“ \ nTimeout 3600 \ nProxyTimeout 3600 ”>> / etc / httpd / conf / httpd. conf; sudo reboot now; "although last time it helped. Perhaps now 4.59 is simply unavailable - I do not know. I'll try again tomorrow.

I tried 4.59 (full image from site), it work good only if I set 100 mbit full duplex in settings of my net card. If I set AUTO - it not work. All other settings dous not matter.

But, if compare with 4.57 - music starts up in 1 sec letter.

• 3 weeks later...