IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

I have played with 4.5 for an hour now with PCM/DSD/MQA material without any problem at all.
I changed buffer in Eunhasu Roon settings to 0.2 and re-sync to 0.05

Downloaded the image with Firefox and burnt it to a 16GB class 10 SD card.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
5 hours ago, aslg said:

Was it skipping before you changed the buffer and the re-sync settings?

I did not try it without these settings as I changed them before I started to listen. 

I played for two hours straight with all sorts of samplerates and not a single problem. 

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
1 hour ago, guillaume31 said:

Also, I am wondering why most of you copy a new image on an SD card whereas one can simply launch the upgrade from the Eunhasus interface...what is the advantage of doing an image ?

Thanks

For me it is like this.

Number one: The upgrade from the web GUI can take for ever to do and sometimes it gets stuck. You have to in this case go from 4.22 to 4.4 to 4.5 if you put a new image on the SD card you can go directly to the newest one.

Number two: I have two SD cards so I burn the new image to a spare one and so I have a working copy of the old firmware if the new one is faulty.

Download the image and burn the image on the SD card takes perhaps 20min compared to as SOtM says a couple of hours to do it from the GUI when the Kernal needs to upgrade.

I use 4.5 now with Roon and played for 6h yeasterday without any problem

Main system

Second system
10 minutes ago, Tannoymike said:

The problem I have at present is that the SOTM usbimage suggested program doesn't work for me as I have no usb to micro sd card adapter and this program will not identify any sd card loaded from say a sd card in a card slot on the computer so this program is out for me at present.

I use the SD card reader in my computer with USBimage no external card reader.

Main system

Second system
1 hour ago, Tannoymike said:

According to to the usbimage details on its web site it doesn't show any non usb connected drives as a precaution so I don't know how this happens on yours apart from perhaps if its say a desktop that the reader is actually connected internally via a usb connection.

Well I do use a desktop and the reader is connected internally to a USB connection so that is why it works for me.

The thing I really cant understand is that 4.5 works ok for some and dont work for others using Roon for example.

Main system

Second system
18 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

After I originally got the 200 it magically corrupted its own card..., came back with 4.22 and had the problems.

My 200 also did that with the original 8Gb card when I loaded it with 4.22 and I had to buy a new one.

SOtM clearly have issues with their testing of the software before they go public with it as 4.22 also had trouble at first.

I really like SOtM and the new 4.5 did make a small jump in sound quality to my ears but the way they handles the firmware issues could be improved.

Main system

Second system
27 minutes ago, IanRM said:

Am I correct in thinking that people are advising I shouldn’t do it. I am using Roon and MPD with no problems.

Thanks.

I run 4.5 with Roon without any problems. 

Adjust Roon settings in Eunhasu to 0.2 buffer and 0.05 re-sync that works for me.

Main system

Second system
46 minutes ago, IanRM said:

Did you update manually to an sd card or via the update link in your browser?

I did it manually to a SD card so I could save 4.22 on one card.

I dont feel that Eunhasu in 4.5 is slower than 4.22 but I have always feelt that Eunhasu is a bit slow.

Main system

Second system

Has anyone heard anything from SOtM via email or here on CA? Perhaps @may.park have seen this and could shed some light over this regarding the problems with 4.5?

Main system

Second system

@SYM my Ultra have always done the blinkning no matter what it is doing. 

Main system

Second system
On 1/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, andy nicholson said:

The front power button one now behaves just as it did when I was running 4.22 - ie it only flashes when a music signal is passing through and is just 'on' when not.

So I wondered whether this one-piece download would solve any of the other issues people were having.

After reading this I decided to wipe the SD card (16Gb class 10) clean and download the 4.51 image and burn it to the SD card.

Took perhaps 15 minutes to download the 7.4Gb file and another 25 minutes to write and verify the card with USBimage program, I use a SD card reader that is connected via USB internally in my desktop computer.

Started my Neo and the front light is lit up constantly after it has booted up not flickering all the time as before, started up Roon and still the light was constant, pressed play in Roon and the light started flickering as it used to do with 4.22 so my conclusion is that there is something different with the download version compared to the one I did the upgrade to in Eunahasu webpage earlier this week.

Main system

Second system
31 minutes ago, rickca said:

It seems like SOtM should just send a bunch of SD cards with V0.4.5.1 firmware to their distributors so people can just buy one.

Still they would have to have a working software to do this.

I have done several updates via Eunhasu webpage and imaging on SD card without problems but clearly SOtM have not done proper QC this time even if Roon works as it should right now with the latest download.

I think it is safe to say that this will not be the end of SOtM needing to come out with new versions that fix these problems.

Main system

Second system
23 minutes ago, SYM said:

After numerous tries - I finally get the version .4.51 without the constant blinking lights for days. The constant blinking started again. 

The first time I re-imaged with the downloadable 4.51 the constant blinkning went away and have stayed that way since.

Main system

Second system
21 minutes ago, muenchenlaim said:

I followed this instruktion: 

That is my post. Glad that it works. I use this and have never had any problem ☺

Main system

Second system
6 minutes ago, Confused said:

V0.4.5.2 has landed .........

Downloaded and burnt to my SD card.

Roon works as it should but Eunhasu is still very slow and unresponsive. 

Main system

Second system

@Cloth Ears you need to download and burn the image to the SD card. 

At the bottom of this page is the link to download 4.5.2

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

I installed 4.5.2 yesterday and all was fine with Roon but this morning the blinking light syndrome was back 😡 will do a reboot later today to see if it goes away.

Main system

Second system

Updated from 4.51 to 4.54 in Eunhasu today without any problems took around 5 minutes. Roon works as it should.

Main system

Second system
1 hour ago, andy nicholson said:

Just updated to 4.55 via Eunhasu. 5 mins, no issues using Roon, all sounds lovely..Eunhasu interface much more responsive.

I also made the update, no problems with Roon.

Main system

Second system
8 minutes ago, SYM said:

Anyone getting the constant blinking light problem on 4.56?

Yep mine does that to, have not tried to get rid of that as it comes back.

Main system

Second system
9 hours ago, lasker98 said:

It's odd that so much attention is being devoted to Roon by SOtM but I guess there's some kind of revenue involved.

Perhaps it's just so easy that Roon writes the RAAT protocol that SOtM uses for it's Roon Ready and free of bugs as it's tested by Roon.

Main system

Second system
55 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I'm pretty sure the problems with this firmware upgrade have nothing to do with bugs in Squeezelite or Logitech Media Server.

That was not what I meant. Clearly SOtM have some problems in the code running Squeezelite or LMS in their products and Roon supplys the code for Roon RAAT and hence it is tested to work as it should with a Roon endpoint before it is sent out.

11 minutes ago, i.deklein said:

Interesting thougt that ROON RAAT does the job for SOtM updates.

I dont know what you mean with this as Roon RAAT is the protocol Roon uses between "Core" and "Endpoint" to communicate. SOtM uses Roon code to implement the RAAT protocol to act as a Roon Endpoint and Roon have worked as it should in every update since 4.22 so clearly there are some work being done by Roon to have this protocol working as it should. Perhaps I missunderstand your thoughts :)

Main system

Second system
46 minutes ago, Paoz said:

Also with roon and dlna

Have you tried to change the buffer settings under Roon in Eunhasu? 

Main system

Second system

@Paoz open Eunhasu webpage, open Roon settings page (it is where you activate Roon) . Change buffer settings to higher value it might be 0.1s when you open the page I think I have 0.2s now.

Main system

Second system