IGNORED

Bluesound Node 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever is in the Node 2 it sounds good.  It could be a squirrel on a treadmill for all I care.  The Node 2 sounds much better than it has a right to at it's price.  I have acquired, traded, upgraded and accumulated a lot of equipment in my 40 or so years as an audiophile.  I don't claim to have golden ears nor is my present system state of the art but it's pretty good...and revealing.  I am amazed that a product like the Node 2, which costs less than the feet on my VPI turntable, is as good as it is. If it can be bettered with a good external DAC then it has the potential to be spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just how good is the Bluesound 2?  I have it and am very impressed with the sound quality compared to my Bryston BCD-3 CD player.  I am amazed at the level of performance of this inexpensive (by audiophile standards) component.  But, I have not had any experience with any other streaming option. If Bluesound is entry level, how much better does it get?  If I were to move up to something like a Lumin or Aurender streamer/dac combination what could I expect to gain in sound quality?  I am curious to hear from folks who have compared the Bluesound to more expensive products or tried it with better external DACs.