IGNORED

Bluesound Node 2

19 hours ago, harmonica2 said:

When I attended the LA Audio Show, I went to the Bluesound/NAD room to listen to some MQA for the first time.  Impressed, I asked the rep about using the Node 2 as a the main DAC for my system.  He sort of shrugged and said "it's a pretty good $200 DAC, but the DACs in the NAD amps are better."  He went on to suggest buying a NAD integrated with a Bluesound card.   I ignored his advice, and I'm happy I did (the DAC in the Node 2 sounds great to me), but I'm sure there is room for improvement.  Perhaps Bluesound with release a Node 3 (2+ ?) with dual mono DACs, for example.  By then, there will probably be MQA 2 (doesn't exist, but it will!) and Tidal Ultra (I made that up, too) and god knows what else.  I'm glad I spent only $500 on my DAC/streamer.  It will be worthless in 5 years and I'll gladly spend $500 again for an upgraded one.

Good thing that you ignored his "advice". It's just a matter of how your unit fits into your system. Surely you didn't need to get another amplifier.

• 8 months later...

The redesign is just beautiful on my Macbook with many considerate features to make it a great experience. For some reason I feel more comfortable on it than on the iPad. I see no reason to have my iPad Air 2 around any longer. Any takers? It's going to Best Buy to be traded in, in about...30 minutes!