IGNORED

Pixel Magic MB200 (media player audiophile)

Hi.

Next week I hope to try in my home this media player from the House of the Crystalio devices...

I am so curious to ceck the true HD resolution with ny Lyngdorf DAC (24/192) and Linn files.

Hope to be interessant this for you too...

Luca (ciao)

http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/products/media_players/hd_mediabox.htm

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

...no problem! First, I must say that the price (under 350euro) is not so high: anyway I hope not to see a "china-device" (with respect, of course, to all...) like these OEM products.

The MB200 writes "...HD MediaBox™ is designed with high quality audio playback in mind. Equipped with 24-bit/192KHz audio DAC from Analog Devices Inc, low noise Op Amps from Burr-Brown® (famous for their clean output and ultra-low distortion characteristics) and our own specially developed timing circuitry, HD MediaBox™ can now ....

The Audiophile Edition (MB200) adds a low jitter TCXO (temperature compensated crystal oscillator) to dramatically improve spaciousness, clarity, impact, and purity, providing the highest quality audio playback available in any network media player..."

L.

P.S. Why you are so sk...?!? (About what in particoular...)

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

Today it is arrived. (Without HDD). So, after the last firmware upgrade, the first impressions with a USB key are not, or (best) are in your side, Chris.

Maybe I am a strange guy, but I don't understand why all this enphasys with "audiophile"; "24/192 inside DAC" eccetera words on its site when the:

24/96 and of course 192 ARE NOT supported with .wav files! (This is also written on his dedicated forum from Pixelmagic staff that I think is not working yet, I think...)

.flac files yes, all the resolutions I tested (.44/.48/.88,2/.96) are working BUT the Music stops after 2 minutes... ?!?

The software is...like my Macintosh Classic... ;P

I...am waiting for tomorrow when I will inserted a IDE hard disk...

ciao, L.

I think it is not the hardware (I have installed 320 Gb HDD without problems in Master mode) BUT the firmware that I am sure is out to date. (Last release 2007...)

A) It does NOT recognize .wav files at 24 bit !!! (Good for an audiophile version:()

B) It does NOT recognize .wma files at 24 bit !!! " " "

C) The master volume control the spdif output and (if you think it is not a bad thing) the max level is an improbable 31 !?!

D) The .flac files are supported also at 24/96 (Linn downloads) BUT the high range of frequences are distorced (frrrrrezessss...)

E) Without TV and without remote it is impossible to work with it

F) It is so slow...

I think it is my last test with these media players, my HIFIDELIO (Olive for US) old 16/44 is a Ferrari against this Trabant gear (for audio playing...)

:(

Sigh...Luca, ciao.

Ya, Chris, you have the reason...

(I hope to find a better player, you know...what I mean: no fan, good digital output, serious main power ...NO dac inside...)

Luca