IGNORED

Nativ: High-Res Music System & Touchscreen Control

5 minutes ago, Charente said:

Thank-you @brucknerdoc ... does the Vita offer QOBUZ implementation ? Also, you say that the software is 'in its infancy stages' ... do you mean some functionality is missing ? Do they provide regular updates (presumably online) ?

Yes - there are a couple dozen music services integrated, Qobuz is one of them.

The software seems to be on a every 2 months schedule - the last in October finally added DSD playback and metadata editing. Basic functionality is there.

Updates can be done online or via USB

The remaining components were supposed to ship "mid-Nov" - but like most of these campaigns, don't hold your breath... ;-)

Michael

2 hours ago, brucknerdoc said:

I've been an original backer of the Nativ campaign since it appeared on Indiegogo and confirm that unlike similar high-end offerings by the likes of LH Labs, the Vita is not vaporware - I have one on my desktop currently. That $699 price was their "super early bird" offering at campaign launch - this gradually increased until their $1099 price for the 2TB model, $1199 for 4TB, $1598 for 2TB SSD, and $1898 for complete system (Vita, Wave [dac], Pulse [power supply]) - there is also a CD ripper. Curious that this promotion also has graduating prices.

Only complaint: besides the Vita and remote, nothing else is available. The Vita is reliably built and a solid performer - albeit still in it's infancy stages from a software standpoint. Good integration with Roon and music services like Tidal. It's a nice LCD frontend.

HTH -

Thanks, much appreciated. 

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I just tried to put in an order for the Nativ Vita.  I started with the coupon for $699 and that was not accepted.  I then put progressively coupons for purchase at higher prices and none of the coupons were accepted. So either the coupons aren't working or they have sold all the units available at the discount prices. So I was left with just the full price unit. Since there is no time urgency, I decided to wait for more info or another sale.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

That's disappointing. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

On 11/26/2017 at 12:20 PM, Charente said:

That's disappointing. 

I got an email from Sally of Nativ and told her that the coupons didn't work.  She said to try again with NTV800, and I used NTV800 and got a unit for $799 ($800 discount) just now. Including fast shipping was $859.  She emailed back and said it should be shipping the first week of December.     Larry 

3 hours ago, astrotoy said:

I got an email from Sally of Nativ and told her that the coupons didn't work.  She said to try again with NTV800, and I used NTV800 and got a unit for $799 ($800 discount) just now. Including fast shipping was $859.  She emailed back and said it should be shipping the first week of December.     Larry 

hahaha...i did same thing yesterday...just another new toy to try (wink)

I would be interested in both your impressions of this unit !

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Have you been toying around ? ?

when they told me they had to delay shipment a 2nd time, i cancelled...but i have been in contact with salesperson, and they said they will extend the offer to me once back orders are filled.  They said they have started to fill back orders and they would be back in contact with me in a few more weeks....we will see if they keep their promise...

On 11/27/2017 at 2:14 PM, astrotoy said:

Have you heard anything new?

On 1/12/2018 at 12:10 AM, beerandmusic said:

Have you heard anything new?

My CC was charged at the beginning of Dec.  Haven't heard anything since.    Larry

15 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

i cancelled and asked for refund after they past their date twice....not sure i trust the company...i hope so, as i am still hoping to try one, but don't know if they can be trusted anymore.

Thanks.  I also have my doubts.  SInce I used my CC, I could dispute the charge if they didn't refund.  Not sure about deadlines.  They said they would be shipping in December.   Larry

14 hours ago, astrotoy said:

Thanks.  I also have my doubts.  SInce I used my CC, I could dispute the charge if they didn't refund.  Not sure about deadlines.  They said they would be shipping in December.   Larry

i would contact them and ask if they will be shipping any day that you heard from someone else that they are now shipping backorders.  if they can't commit a date, i would think seriously about asking for refund.

3 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

i would contact them and ask if they will be shipping any day that you heard from someone else that they are now shipping backorders.  if they can't commit a date, i would think seriously about asking for refund.

As a supporter of this project on IGG since early 2016, this company is like many of these crowd-funded projects: starting up with a plan and can't stay on target. Caught up in an endless path of adding/modifying features, by the time they reach the original planned shipping date, they haven't even finished development. The worse case of this is the Light Harmonics Lab projects which have denied backers fulfillment of any product YEARS after funding, and have little hope of ever making good.

However, Nativ has been somewhat more forthcoming with their updates and responses - has delivered on some of their components, like the Vita - so I remain somewhat more hopeful of seeing the final product...eventually.

But, unlike a real venture, Nativ's product remains in development and production even after they've taken our money. As a backer, I am unable to obtain a refund (only few of these crowd-funding projects even offer this). If you are purchasing from them now, realize they are giving you a discount over the final retail cost to help fund their current development and production.

It's a shitty business model that I no longer participate in - out of dozens I backed when this crowd-funding "craze" started years ago, only a few concluded without drama. But unlike LH Labs - which I believe to be incompetent and dishonest - my sense of what is going on at Nativ is more positive, but still unlikely to remain committed to absolute deadlines.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 3:59 AM, brucknerdoc said:

As a supporter of this project on IGG since early 2016, this company is like many of these crowd-funded projects: starting up with a plan and can't stay on target. Caught up in an endless path of adding/modifying features, by the time they reach the original planned shipping date, they haven't even finished development. The worse case of this is the Light Harmonics Lab projects which have denied backers fulfillment of any product YEARS after funding, and have little hope of ever making good.

However, Nativ has been somewhat more forthcoming with their updates and responses - has delivered on some of their components, like the Vita - so I remain somewhat more hopeful of seeing the final product...eventually.

But, unlike a real venture, Nativ's product remains in development and production even after they've taken our money. As a backer, I am unable to obtain a refund (only few of these crowd-funding projects even offer this). If you are purchasing from them now, realize they are giving you a discount over the final retail cost to help fund their current development and production.

It's a shitty business model that I no longer participate in - out of dozens I backed when this crowd-funding "craze" started years ago, only a few concluded without drama. But unlike LH Labs - which I believe to be incompetent and dishonest - my sense of what is going on at Nativ is more positive, but still unlikely to remain committed to absolute deadlines.

Hi, just curious if you recieved yours yet? 

I just got an offer to buy one at the promo rate and they said they are NOW SHIPPING and have current stock.  Have you got yours and are you happy?

On 1/15/2018 at 9:32 AM, astrotoy said:

I just got an offer to buy one at the promo rate and they said they are NOW SHIPPING and have current stock.  Have you got yours and are you happy?

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

The only components that have shipped are the Vita and remote.

My last email exchange with Sally a few weeks ago promised a ship date for the rest "right before Chinese New Year" - mid-Feb - pushed back (yet again) from Jan 22...

Michael

1 minute ago, brucknerdoc said:

The only components that have shipped are the Vita and remote.

My last email exchange with Sally a few weeks ago promised a ship date for the rest "right before Chinese New Year" - mid-Feb - pushed back (yet again) from Jan 22...

oh, so you HAVE recieved your vita?

How do you like it?

Have you had chance to compare it to a rendu or sotm?

Yes - have had the Vita for a while, the remote came later - I've posted about them earlier in this thread.

The Vita is well made, but a work in progress - they update their software to add features - so I expect much more to come as the other components are added.

It's a nice front-end to library access, including online services. But I haven't used it too much since my system already contains full components - and I'm waiting to integrate the entire Nativ system before using it extensively.

Michael

19 minutes ago, brucknerdoc said:

Yes - have had the Vita for a while, the remote came later - I've posted about them earlier in this thread.

The Vita is well made, but a work in progress - they update their software to add features - so I expect much more to come as the other components are added.

It's a nice front-end to library access, including online services. But I haven't used it too much since my system already contains full components - and I'm waiting to integrate the entire Nativ system before using it extensively.

ok thanks...

have you tried any other network players or streamers?

I am going to play with my new ND8006 for the next week and decide if i want to try the nativ then.