IGNORED

The future of music storage?

AudioDoctor

Oh I can see the big question now. Will two DNA identical copies of a movie look and sound the same. We already know identical twins aren't truly identical as the end result.

I also recoil at the horror of the various tweaks that will be inflicted upon such a storage technology.

[video=youtube;LD0rU6-7sKs]

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Oh I can see the big question now. Will two DNA identical copies of a movie look and sound the same. We already know identical twins aren't truly identical as the end result.

I also recoil at the horror of the various tweaks that will be inflicted upon such a storage technology.

[video=youtube;LD0rU6-7sKs]

It's funny that this Ad was in the middle of the presentation

7 Hidden Dementia Signs

Your Body Will Send 7 Signals That Dementia Is Coming.

And as the "container" or preserving agents degrade , will they end up with the equivalent of Dementia / "Bit Rot" ? (grin)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

It's funny that this Ad was in the middle of the presentation

And as the "container" or preserving agents degrade , will they end up with the equivalent of Dementia / "Bit Rot" ? (grin)

I believe the article said this material could lie on a road in Arizona and be run over by a truck for 10,000 years and still be viable. So maybe storage dementia is rot in humid climates. I don't think the Arizona choice was by accident. So we probably will need zero humidity storage and playback. Plus, won't this be subject to gamma rays that cause biological mutation? And will the movie Species suffer from accelerated bit dementia or gamma ray induced mutation so the creature is different in the movie over time?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

The question is: if the phenotype of this gene set is expressed in an organism, will it look more like Marylin Monroe or Adam Sandler?

:D

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

At least with current archival technologies, you don't have to worry about spillage. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron