IGNORED

Now here's a treat.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKkpZwT7yk

Also check out the the venue, the Jesus Christ Church in Dahlem Berlin, one of the most famous orchestra recording venues in post war history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Church_(Berlin-Kaulsdorf)

5.1 Surround Terakoya Lab /

Worth noting, this is a DSD exclusive release - not available on Multichannel SACD, only on Stereo CD.

So the downloads are the ticket for the Stereo and Multichannel DSD recordings.

Also, Philip Glass: In The Summer House, the upcoming album from Harmonia Mundi featuring violinists Angela and Jennifer Chun and composer and pianist Nico Muhly performing music by Philip Glass and Nico Muhly is also available ahead of the release date in Stereo and Multichannel DSD as well.

https://harmoniamundi.nativedsd.com/albums/HMU907599-glass-in-the-summer-house

Worth noting, this is a DSD exclusive release - not available on Multichannel SACD, only on Stereo CD.

Also, Philip Glass: In The Summer House, the upcoming album from Harmonia Mundi featuring violinists Angela and Jennifer Chun and composer and pianist Nico Muhly performing music by Philip Glass and Nico Muhly is also available ahead of the release date in Stereo and Multichannel DSD as well.

Many thanks. I have to say I am much more tempted by Glass than Hindemith, but this is a pure matter of personal taste of course.

Thanks for the link. Just downloaded it because it will be a perfect companion to my RBCD rip of Steve Reich "Three Movements/Desert Songs" on Chandos.

Something to be aware of, however is file naming and attribution discrepancy between tracks 1-5 as shown here:

HMU_DSD.jpg

I've notified Native DSD support, so they are aware of it.

It's probably mush ado over nothing, as it's properly sorted in HQ Player playlist, but it remains to be seen if it's properly sorted by Foobar2000 playlist.

Harmonia Mundi names this album in their XML (they send us XMLs and files) "Glass: In The Summer House" even though Muhly is another composer who's pieces are included (typical of lots of classical album names that include seconadry pieces). The files own tags are correct (I did them; see JRIver view below), even the composer field. The album name is in the standard NativeDSD filename, along with accounting for catalog number and channel count. But no one (or player) uses the filename, they use the internal metadata/tags.

glass summer house.jpg

This is from 3rd link:

"5. RECORDING METHODS AND EQUIPMENTS:

Figure #1 shows the equipment system. Since the recorded materials were for SACD, --- the recording was operated in 48kHz/24bit."

Something is wrong in that sentence, i think...

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

This is from 3rd link:

"5. RECORDING METHODS AND EQUIPMENTS:

Figure #1 shows the equipment system. Since the recorded materials were for SACD, --- the recording was operated in 48kHz/24bit."

You mean this link?

I posted it to show the venue in which many recordings since WWII have been made. The link, and the recordings described there have nothing to do with with any recordings discussed in this thread. Or were you just commenting that Kazuya Nagae is not a native English speaker/writer either?

You mean this link?

I posted it to show the venue in which many recordings since WWII have been made. The link, and the recordings described there have nothing to do with with any recordings discussed in this thread.

Yes, link is correct. And obviously i misread the point of initial post unfortunately. Sorry.

But that sentence is so bad technically, i just can't be silent...

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

But that sentence is so bad technically, i just can't be silent...

Works for me :)

Actually, being part of a recording at Jesus Christus Kirche (thank you Boris) is right at the top of my bucket list. So many historic recordings made there, including the Berlin Phil well into the 60's. Jared Sacks did the Shostakovich and Weinberg Violin Concertos there for Channel recently (the video origin of this thread), and the stunning Britten and Weinberg Violin Concertos, recorded by Steven Maes and Serendipitous for Challenge Records:

This is a very important place for me.

Harmonia Mundi names this album in their XML (they send us XMLs and files) "Glass: In The Summer House" even though Muhly is another composer who's pieces are included (typical of lots of classical album names that include seconadry pieces). The files own tags are correct (I did them; see JRIver view below), even the composer field. The album name is in the standard NativeDSD filename, along with accounting for catalog number and channel count. But no one (or player) uses the filename, they use the internal metadata/tags.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25385[/ATTACH]

I was rather disconcerted when I first saw the file naming structure, as it seemed quite odd. I've never seen it like that before.

Later I noticed the HQ Player playlist which properly sorted it:

HMU_DSD2.jpg

I was rather disconcerted when I first saw the file naming structure, as it seemed quite odd. I've never seen it like that before.

Later I noticed the HQ Player playlist which properly sorted it

Could you please expand on your comment Iain. The filename we use at NativeDSD has no bearing on, or connection to the file metadata, it's just a name for the file. It includes the track number, album name, label name, SKU, and number of channels plus format name. The internal track metadata contains the actual metadata a player sorts on, not the filename. So it would appear as you suspect when displayed by the player.

Could you please expand on your comment Iain. The filename we use at NativeDSD has no bearing on, or connection to the file metadata, it's just a name for the file. It includes the track number, album name, label name, SKU, and number of channels plus format name. The internal track metadata contains the actual metadata a player sorts on, not the filename. So it would appear as you suspect when displayed by the player.

In my environment, first thing I need to do is format this:

before.jpg

... to this:

after.jpg

... in order to make all that data usable in my Open Home environment.

Whilst either of my players sort to metadata quite well, my system secondary monitor in a room elsewhere in my house actually requires a real selectable filename displayed on monitor for system to make use of the available metadata.

When I saw those filenames, I had what's euphemistically called a "WTF" moment because it's a lot of work turning what's shown in first image to what's shown in the second.

All the filenames looked identical for the first few seconds until I sorted the naming differences, which amounted to a single character.

When I saw those filenames, I had what's euphemistically called a "WTF" moment because it's a lot of work turning what's shown in first image to what's shown in the second.

All the filenames looked identical for the first few seconds until I sorted the naming differences, which amounted to a single character.

JRiver, Tag&Rename, MP3Tag and several others (last two are free) will rename filenames based on internal tag values in seconds. Takes 10 seconds for an album. Also, filenames are irrelevant to OH control points like Kazoo, etc. They read metadata, not filenames.

We at NativeDSD have had a lot of debate, though, over filenaming, since a good number of our labels specialize in classical music, and if one wants, say, a filename to be [track]-[name]-[album]-[channels].dsf you could end up with a filename that is hundreds of character long, given that track names by themselves can often be insanely long. A current Naxos track that is going up would translate to

01-12 Études, Op. 8 - No. 7 in B-Flat Minor: Presto tenebroso, agitato-Scriabin: 12 Etudes, Op. 8 - 6 Preludes, Op. 13 - Piano Sonata No. 10 - Vers la flamme-2ch.dsf

Our customers are telling us that they simply want a filename that is: 1) sorted by track number; 2) shows stereo or multichannel; 3) identifies the album in some way, just in case the file becomes orphaned (i.e put somewhere instead of its proper album folder). Also Amazon S3 (our cloud storage and download process) does not like certain characters, etc so we have to be careful.

Net/net, filenames are easily changed by MP3Tag in seconds. That way, no matter who you buy from, rip with or create yourselves you can set up a standard naming convention template. I can walk anyone through it.

JRiver, Tag&Rename, MP3Tag and several others (last two are free) will rename filenames based on internal tag values in seconds. Takes 10 seconds for an album. Also, filenames are irrelevant to OH control points like Kazoo, etc. They read metadata, not filenames.

We at NativeDSD have had a lot of debate, though, over filenaming, since a good number of our labels specialize in classical music, and if one wants, say, a filename to be [track]-[name]-[album]-[channels].dsf you could end up with a filename that is hundreds of character long, given that track names by themselves can often be insanely long. A current Naxos track that is going up would translate to

01-12 Études, Op. 8 - No. 7 in B-Flat Minor: Presto tenebroso, agitato-Scriabin: 12 Etudes, Op. 8 - 6 Preludes, Op. 13 - Piano Sonata No. 10 - Vers la flamme-2ch.dsf

Our customers are telling us that they simply want a filename that is: 1) sorted by track number; 2) shows stereo or multichannel; 3) identifies the album in some way, just in case the file becomes orphaned (i.e put somewhere instead of its proper album folder). Also Amazon S3 (our cloud storage and download process) does not like certain characters, etc so we have to be careful.

Net/net, filenames are easily changed by MP3Tag in seconds. That way, no matter who you buy from, rip with or create yourselves you can set up a standard naming convention template. I can walk anyone through it.

To clarify, I quite agree with everything said here with the exception of the first paragraph in bold. To get the proper playlist configuration, I need proper filename descriptions of the internal contents of multi-composer and multi-works titles. Reason for this, is I need clues from filenames in order to create subdirectories for them to be able to use the playlist configuration tools provided by the player:

HMU_DSD3.jpg

I'm quite flexible of naming, but the filenames of the Glass title are a bit OTT IMO.

Fine, then tell MP3Tag your naming template is [track#]-[composer]-[album].dsf or something to that extent. MP3Tag will read our tags (and all others that follow ID3V2) and create a new filename automagically. However, good luck finding many download sites that include "composer" tags in their "composer" fields (other than us and maybe 1 or 2 others) let alone that include them in their standard filename (unless it's part of the album name, but that doesn't answer your multi-issue).

However, I fail to follow (and it could be me) why you think players need your folder structures to set up playlists. Players read ID3V2 tags and sort on them. Playlists are then created and saved, if needed. Since you, however, want to create composer-based folders (s0o you can more easily drag and drop, for example), do so with MP3tag file renaming and use the composer field in NativeDSD files to do it. It literally takes seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyKkpZwT7yk

Also check out the the venue, the Jesus Christ Church in Dahlem Berlin, one of the most famous orchestra recording venues in post war history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Church_(Berlin-Kaulsdorf)

Thanks , it will be on my list of music to download.

Nice video by Jonas Sacks as usual.

Regarding the venue it is the place where a lot of the Karajan BPO DGG recordings were done before they shifted to the Philharmonie in Berlin.

The Karajan Rostropovich LP cover is for me one of the iconic cover shots from that era and those church windows appear in more than one cover too.

By the way was this one also done at DSD 256 and binaural?

Cheers Chris