IGNORED

Dff2dsf

Toys4Boys

First I must thank Bogi for this excellent software. Most of the time it works like a charm but on some folders that I attempt to convert it will do some of the files but not others. Wondering if anyone might have some insights or suggestions.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
First I must thank Bogi for this excellent software. Most of the time it works like a charm but on some folders that I attempt to convert it will do some of the files but not others. Wondering if anyone might have some insights or suggestions.

Thanks

I had a few problems with converting a number of classical files.

It turned out that for the majority of the files, the conversion wasn't even starting if there were non-standard (i.e. Czech, French or German special characters) in the file name or the folder. If only the filename had the problem, those particular files wouldn't convert while if the folder name had such a character, none of the files within the folder would convert.

I've also had a few problem files from older iso rips where one or two tracks wouldn't convert from dff to dsf regardless of any special characters. In most cases, re-ripping a new iso gave me a fresh dff file that would convert to dsf.

Thanks for the reply Bladman, unfortunately I don't have anything but the DFF files to work with. I have had some tagging problems with other file formats and found that converting the file from AIFF->AIFF, as an example, would allow me to then tag them.

I thought perhaps this might work with these DFF files, but the only way that I know of to convert DFF->DFF is JRiver which of course would involve a conversion to PCM.

First I must thank Bogi for this excellent software.Thanks

Thanks for positive feedback. Mine is only the right click context menu interface. The conversion functionality comes from Miska Signalyst

I had a few problems with converting a number of classical files.

It turned out that for the majority of the files, the conversion wasn't even starting if there were non-standard (i.e. Czech, French or German special characters) in the file name or the folder. If only the filename had the problem, those particular files wouldn't convert while if the folder name had such a character, none of the files within the folder would convert.

I've also had a few problem files from older iso rips where one or two tracks wouldn't convert from dff to dsf regardless of any special characters. In most cases, re-ripping a new iso gave me a fresh dff file that would convert to dsf.

Just had a chance to try this and FM, F'ing Magic. It appears that a "-" can be problematic.

Thank you so much!