IGNORED

Why do I need to reboot?

My system consists of a Roon>jRiver Asio>win10PC>sotm USB card>Uptone Regen>USB cable>Benchmark DAC 2>Krell FPB 350 mcx> Apogee Duetta Sig.

My problem is th following, whenever I want to listen to my system, my PC is always ON, Roon/Jriver on, I power up my Regen using my Sotm battery supply, then power up my DAC/Krell via 12 VDC trigger. Whatever application launch sequence or hardware power up, I never get any music. My Benchmark DAC LED are not synchronising while the music is being displayed/played when I look at the Roon or Jriver timer bar.

Once music player apps are launched and equipment is all powered up, I just need to reboot, relaunch music app, DAC LED get synchronised and everything works fine. What is going on? Is there a specific app launch and equipment power up sequence I should use? This is really annoying...

Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

sounds like roon and jriver are fighting over exclusive control over the dac. why are you using both? would think you would just use roon.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I am using Roon as my music player app but using Jriver ASIO output to the DAC for improved music quality. I had same issue when using Jriver as my standalone music player before installing Roon.

Thi issue only happens when the DAC is in USB mode. When using the analog input of the DAC when watching TV, no issue at all. It seems that the DAC has an issue synchronising with the rest of the gear/apps when in USB mode.

Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

My system consists of a Roon>jRiver Asio>win10PC>sotm USB card>Uptone Regen>USB cable>Benchmark DAC 2>Krell FPB 350 mcx> Apogee Duetta Sig.

My problem is th following, whenever I want to listen to my system, my PC is always ON, Roon/Jriver on, I power up my Regen using my Sotm battery supply, then power up my DAC/Krell via 12 VDC trigger. Whatever application launch sequence or hardware power up, I never get any music. My Benchmark DAC LED are not synchronising while the music is being displayed/played when I look at the Roon or Jriver timer bar.

Once music player apps are launched and equipment is all powered up, I just need to reboot, relaunch music app, DAC LED get synchronised and everything works fine. What is going on? Is there a specific app launch and equipment power up sequence I should use? This is really annoying...

Don't turn your dac off.

Unless it tells you not to in the manual.

I just noticed that if my system is turned off but Jriver running, Jriver will not play music when turning on my system again. I will try you suggestion.

Thanks

Just found the proper launch sequence:

Power up the equipment first and then launch Jriver. As soon as you break up the USB link by tuning off the DAC or the Regen, Jriver goes to a halt and needs to be restarted.

Thanks for your suggestion 17629

You can also check in system settings. If you go into the power management settings select the high performance plan. Its easy to miss because Microsoft apparently doesn't want you to use it. Its hidden in a drop down menu. If yo go into the manual settings, you'll see about 15-20 things that you can alter. Several of them are USB related. I would look them over because they may be doing too much power management, and it effects usability. Personally, I just turn everything off and set the machine to maximum performance.

Power up the equipment first and then launch Jriver. As soon as you break up the USB link by tuning off the DAC or the Regen, Jriver goes to a halt and needs to be restarted.

+1

I leave my DAC on and my PC is set up to automatically load JRiver on startup.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

+1

I leave my DAC on and my PC is set up to automatically load JRiver on startup.

I purchased a Krell 12 VDC trigger box to shut down my 350W monoblocks via the Benchmark DAC trigger control. These have to be shutdown, since I can use the Krells to heat up the basement...

Putting Jriver in Windows app. startup menu is a good idea.

Thanks