IGNORED

Dirac filter creation: Best way to treat high-frequency roll-off

For whatever reason (room, Class D amp, ?), above about 7kHz I get a significant roll-off. I'm making some filters and adjusting the default window. (My sub doesn't do much below 28Hz either, thus the left-hand side adjustment.)

By default, Dirac tries to correct the high-frequency roll-off, but this results in a steep cut-off around 18kHz in the target curve:

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.35.16 AM.png

I can eliminate Dirac's cut-off completely if I only correct to 7 kHz:

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.31.12 AM.png

I'm going to try listening to both, but from the point of view of doing further up-sampling and/or filtering in the DAC, is it better to avoid the steep cut-off at the expense of correcting only to 7kHz, with the idea that having the steep cut-off could produce artifacts in the audible region, or is it better to stick with the steep cut-off that results from application of the default correction curve?

Apart from putting a roll-off in the digital filter (which I would think it would be better to avoid), how would this differ from the second option?

BTW, I can't hear the difference between the two filters posted.

Because frequency response is only half of what Dirac does. The impulse response would not be active above 7k. But I would be surprised if it makes a big difference