IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.2.4 Crashing

I'm on a Mac running latest El Capitan and latest A+ 2.2.4 Crashing after 1 or up to 5 tracks. I tried deleting out the 3 files in App. Support area in Audirvana, no help. I reinstalled a El Capitan, no help. I was out of town and un plugged my Mac Book and all that was connected, Preamp, external HD, REGEN. Came back plugged it all back together waited at least 12 hr's or more and now it's crashing.

I'm on a Mac running latest El Capitan and latest A+ 2.2.4 Crashing after 1 or up to 5 tracks. I tried deleting out the 3 files in App. Support area in Audirvana, no help. I reinstalled a El Capitan, no help. I was out of town and un plugged my Mac Book and all that was connected, Preamp, external HD, REGEN. Came back plugged it all back together waited at least 12 hr's or more and now it's crashing.

Can you update to the latest 2.4 version, and try again?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Can you update to the latest 2.4 version, and try again?

When I request an A+ update it says I have the latest version. I get this error code now when trying to launch music from external usb2 HD. I have 2.4.4 sorry

"Error starting Device playback 0xe00002d6 OSError=`aO

Thank you for the speedy reply

When I request an A+ update it says I have the latest version. I get this error code now when trying to launch music from external usb2 HD. I have 2.4.4 sorry

"Error starting Device playback 0xe00002d6 OSError=`aO

Thank you for the speedy reply

As Damien said, the latest version is 2.4.

Not sure what you mean by "launching" music from an external HD. Make sure your DAC is the selected output device in the System Preferences "Sound" control panel, then quit and restart Audirvana. If this does not solve the issue, you may want to consider going back to Yosemite. El Capitan is known to have issues with USB. Apple claims to have fixed the problem, but who knows.

This 0xe00002d6 error is an I/O Timeout error. So it's likely there is something wrong on the USB connection, hardware (cable, USB port, USB interface on the DAC), or software with a not yet fixed bug on 10.11.4 USB audio driver?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

This 0xe00002d6 error is an I/O Timeout error. So it's likely there is something wrong on the USB connection, hardware (cable, USB port, USB interface on the DAC), or software with a not yet fixed bug on 10.11.4 USB audio driver?

This is weird because a week ago everything played fine. I shut down and unplugged from AC my components and when I returned didn't do any upgrading, that was all finished a few days before leaving, got back plugged all back in and now the crashing problem. I checked all usb connections and there secure so I'm at a loss. There have been upgrades for Java on my Mac Pro but haven't noticed the icon in system Pref's on my Mac Book. I just purchased a new Parasound 2100 Classic Preamp and should be here soon and now I'm dead in the water.

As Damien said, the latest version is 2.4.

Not sure what you mean by "launching" music from an external HD. Make sure your DAC is the selected output device in the System Preferences "Sound" control panel, then quit and restart Audirvana. If this does not solve the issue, you may want to consider going back to Yosemite. El Capitan is known to have issues with USB. Apple claims to have fixed the problem, but who knows.

I haven't used a Mac in a while, but there should be settings similar to what Windows has with regards to power management. Look for settings that pertain to how the system handles USB powered devices. Your OS may be putting USB devices some type of suspend or sleep mode to save power. Your music software is probably trying to access devices that are not on, and you get the error. That would explain why everything works when you first turn it on, but fails after sitting for a while.

Well almost had it. I installed new driver for ifi NANO iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp5.0A and did a disk repair to be safe, unplugged and replugged usb's, restarted Mac and enjoyed music for about 75min's and thats as far as it went. What happened to Steve? He'd fix it or better yet he'd never let it happen.

or better yet he'd never let it happen.

^ This.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I don't know if your operating system incorporates "App Nap", but this might be causing the issue:

Control How Your Mac Applications Make Use of App Nap to Save Energy

I can't believe I missed that but I never let my computer go to sleep auto but on a Mac Book there is a button for "Enable power nap when plugged in to a power adapter". What do they mean to "power Adapter"? Testing now with that turned off.

Well that didn't work long, crashed after 2 songs.

Hopefully, you made a bootable backup of your Yosemite or Mavericks OSX onto a thumbdrive, SD card, CD-R, or external HD before upgrading your computer to El Capitan. The logical step would be to boot from the previous OSX and see if the problem with A+ disappears.

Hopefully, you made a bootable backup of your Yosemite or Mavericks OSX onto a thumbdrive, SD card, CD-R, or external HD before upgrading your computer to El Capitan. The logical step would be to boot from the previous OSX and see if the problem with A+ disappears.

Yes I have all that even a copy of Yosemite on a DVD. I talked to apple and a guy will get back to me because he was very interested in the usb error code I told him about also he didn't want me to reinstall Yosemite yet.:

Error starting Device playback 0xe00002d6 OSError=`aO

Yes I have all that even a copy of Yosemite on a DVD. I talked to apple and a guy will get back to me because he was very interested in the usb error code I told him about also he didn't want me to reinstall Yosemite yet.:

Error starting Device playback 0xe00002d6 OSError=`aO

It's your call, but I've never gotten much help from Apple customer support in the 20+ years that I've owned their computers.

I would rely on what Damien said, and assume that it is a glitch in the El Capitan USB system, at least as it interacts with Audirvana.

You have nothing to lose by reverting to Yosemite in an attempt solve the issue. You can always re-upgrade to El Capitan, but what I would do if I were you, is create two partions on your internal hard drive. Install Yosemite with all your other apps and files on both, then "upgrade" one partition back to El Capitan OSX, if you want. Then you can boot from either one, as you wish.

^ This I don't understand your reply?

It means Steve Jobs seemed to make sure stuff "just worked" before it got released.

The very recent El Crapitan 10.11.4 update is supposed to resolve USB issues. I'm unclear if you installed that. (If you did, maybe it created a problem while trying to solve other ones?)

FWIW, I just got a new USB DAC and am playing with 10.11.4 and the latest Audirvana without problems.

It means Steve Jobs seemed to make sure stuff "just worked" before it got released.

The very recent El Crapitan 10.11.4 update is supposed to resolve USB issues. I'm unclear if you installed that. (If you did, maybe it created a problem while trying to solve other ones?)

FWIW, I just got a new USB DAC and am playing with 10.11.4 and the latest Audirvana without problems.

Thanks for the reply. I did a clean install of El C 10.11.4. I'm stuck thinking I should just reinstall Yosemite, I have it on a DVD or just wait. I have a new Parasound 2100 Classic preamp on its way to me and trying to sale my B&K on craig's list for 200.00.

My internal HD on my Mac Book is a flash drive of only 249GB. I would hate to reformat it and make partitions just to use an old OS I would guess It might be better just to instal Yosemite over El Capitan if thats possible and then when either Audirvana + or El Capitan comes out with an upgrade change back to El Capitan. I can watch for OS upgrades on my Mac Pro tower which I do my graphic design work on. Thoughts?

My internal HD on my Mac Book is a flash drive of only 249GB. I would hate to reformat it and make partitions just to use an old OS I would guess It might be better just to instal Yosemite over El Capitan if thats possible and then when either Audirvana + or El Capitan comes out with an upgrade change back to El Capitan. I can watch for OS upgrades on my Mac Pro tower which I do my graphic design work on. Thoughts?

Your first step should be to make sure that you are running the latest El Capitan 10.11.4, which supposedly fixed the USB issues, as per Prof. Scott's post. And upgrade your Audirvana to v2.4, if you haven't already done so.

Also check your cables and plugs, as per Damien's suggestion, swapping out the USB cable, if necessary.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you should reinstall Yosemite. I'd hardly call it an "old" operating system. I'm still running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard 95% of the time on my workhorse iMac's. The only reason I converted the boot drives to two-partitions with Mavericks (and the MPB to Mavericks, as well) is because Damien dropped support for Snow Leopard after Audirvana v2.2.4.

Your first step should be to make sure that you are running the latest El Capitan 10.11.4, which supposedly fixed the USB issues, as per Prof. Scott's post. And upgrade your Audirvana to v2.4, if you haven't already done so.

Also check your cables and plugs, as per Damien's suggestion, swapping out the USB cable, if necessary.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you should reinstall Yosemite. I'd hardly call it an "old" operating system. I'm still running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard 95% of the time on my workhorse iMac's. The only reason I converted the boot drives to two-partitions with Mavericks (and the MPB to Mavericks, as well) is because Damien dropped support for Snow Leopard after Audirvana v2.2.4.

Yes I have the latest version of A+2.4 and the very latest El Capitan. I'm confuse of the problem because sometimes it crashes (A+) after 3 or 4 songs and other times it goes for about an hour then crashes. Yes I have a separate external HD with Snow Leopard just for one app That is no longer in existence. Bryce, it's a landscape 3D app really no one has ever challenged it.

I told usb problem to take a hike, I also took a hike all the way back from El Capitan to Yosemite. Been testing for 3 days now sometimes 2hr's listening sometimes 1 hour. No crashes YAAA! I talked to 4 separate senior tech advisors some times an hour on the phone, on Apple Care and told them the problem. I said art was happening all over the panel with many different players, JRivers, Audirvana Plus, Pure Music etc.. so I'm awaiting delivery of my Parasound 2100 Classic trying to sale my B&K on crags list.