IGNORED

Jeff Beck Blow by Blow Analog Productions SACD

Does anyone have this and if so how is it? The guy over at Positive Feedback said best he's heard. There is a DSD version lurking about as well that I haven't heard anything on. Thanks!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

hi

ist a great sounding record ,specialy the 5.1 Version!

here are some other opinion's:

SA-CD.net - Jeff Beck: Blow by Blow

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

Does anyone have this and if so how is it? The guy over at Positive Feedback said best he's heard. There is a DSD version lurking about as well that I haven't heard anything on. Thanks!

I have the Sony DSD/SACD from years ago and think it sounds great in DSD.

Is it the same as this AS download version? I think it is - from the descriptions at AS seems like the download is from the same Sony master as the old SACD. Haven't heard the new AS version. From the descriptions (or lack thereof) for the various versions at the AS site it seems like there are 2 different SACDs - the "old" Sony one and the new AS one. I assume the 176PCM version is derived from the old SACD- as they don't say it is from their own remaster - and should sound almost as good as the DSD download.

Generally if AS does in house remasters and they are selling those as SACD/Vinyl they don't sell them as a download at first. Sometimes they later also license their remaster for download and make a download available; sometimes they don't.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

hi

ist a great sounding record ,specialy the 5.1 Version!

here are some other opinion's:

SA-CD.net - Jeff Beck: Blow by Blow

That's the 2003 Sony SACD.

The new Analogue Productions SACD (released last month) has a different mastering.

HRAudio.net - Jeff Beck: Blow by Blow

(the promo text says "Hybrid Stereo SACD", but the SACD is multichannel as well)

Given their recent releases, I think the new SACD will sound as good or better. Some of the early Sony SACDs tended to sound a bit bright. I haven't heard that one.

Claude

Generally if AS does in house remasters and they are selling those as SACD/Vinyl they don't sell them as a download at first. Sometimes they later also license their remaster for download and make a download available; sometimes they don't.

I'm looking forward to hearing these! Like firedog said, they eventually sell the DSD downloads. Their Creedence Clearwater Revival DSD downloads are available, but the AWESOME Stevie Ray Vaughan SACDs haven't been released as downloads. Both are head and shoulders above the Sony and, of course, the original offerings.

Thank you everyone for your responses. It is proving difficult to judge these before hand because of all the different formatted releases. I like many suffer from "got to have this improved version of a favorite release" seeking some sort of grail. Thank the powers that be that Steely Dan doesn't fit in all these release or I could be lured into that siren song as well. Recently the Audio Fidelity Jeff Beck Group "Orange Album" was released and I've heard it is good. However I bought the Iconoclassic CD release for 1/3 the cost and the DR and sound are excellent. So it goes.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

I do have the original SACD ( and subsequent DSD extract ) for this album, back from whenever it was released in the early 2000s. It sounds wonderful. I don't feel as if anything is missing. I have not heard the new one, but certainly do not feel a need to purchase it based on what I already have. I will wait to see other reviews over time. YMMV.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs